Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2020 8:34:39 PM EDT
Hey all, just picked up another HK clone of sorts.  It's one of those old Special Weapons SP-10 rifles (for those that don't.. basically an MP5 clone with a polymer receiver).  I've had a couple in the past and had to let them go for financial reasons, randomly decided I wanted one again and just happened to find on semi-local.  So its mine now

The bolt gap is on the low side... 0.010".  I am looking to adjust it a bit since it's on the very edge of the lower limit.  I know this is done with oversized rollers, but how do I know what size rollers to go with?  Is there a way to calculate how much the bolt gap will change after adding +2 or +4 rollers?  The rifle currently has unmarked rollers, so I assume the standard 8.00mm but I still need to measure them to be sure.

Changing them is easy enough, I am just trying to avoid buying multiple sizes and testing them all out.  Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey all, just picked up another HK clone of sorts.  It's one of those old Special Weapons SP-10 rifles (for those that don't.. basically an MP5 clone with a polymer receiver).  I've had a couple in the past and had to let them go for financial reasons, randomly decided I wanted one again and just happened to find on semi-local.  So its mine now

The bolt gap is on the low side... 0.010".  I am looking to adjust it a bit since it's on the very edge of the lower limit.  I know this is done with oversized rollers, but how do I know what size rollers to go with?  Is there a way to calculate how much the bolt gap will change after adding +2 or +4 rollers?  The rifle currently has unmarked rollers, so I assume the standard 8.00mm but I still need to measure them to be sure.

Changing them is easy enough, I am just trying to avoid buying multiple sizes and testing them all out.  Any info would be appreciated.
View Quote

According to this builder, +2 should get you into spec.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:

According to this builder, +2 should get you into spec.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
Originally Posted By dskeet:
Hey all, just picked up another HK clone of sorts.  It's one of those old Special Weapons SP-10 rifles (for those that don't.. basically an MP5 clone with a polymer receiver).  I've had a couple in the past and had to let them go for financial reasons, randomly decided I wanted one again and just happened to find on semi-local.  So its mine now 

The bolt gap is on the low side... 0.010".  I am looking to adjust it a bit since it's on the very edge of the lower limit.  I know this is done with oversized rollers, but how do I know what size rollers to go with?  Is there a way to calculate how much the bolt gap will change after adding +2 or +4 rollers?  The rifle currently has unmarked rollers, so I assume the standard 8.00mm but I still need to measure them to be sure.

Changing them is easy enough, I am just trying to avoid buying multiple sizes and testing them all out.  Any info would be appreciated.

According to this builder, +2 should get you into spec.

Thanks for the link.  I had searched around for posts like that but came up empty.  I guess I missed that one since the subject is for HK91s.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Each size roller effects bolt gap by .10mm or about .04 inches

If you’re at .10 and ideal is .18 then I would say you need +4 rollers. This is assuming you have standard size rollers. Measure your rollers and order two sizes up.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The ideal range is 0.010" to 0.018" and the max range 0.010" to 0.020". +2 rollers will get you right in the middle of the ideal range at 0.014"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top