Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2019 8:46:56 AM EDT
I'm moving at the end of June, I currently have a pending form 4 at 310 days, what happens if it does not get approved before I am forced to change my address 2 weeks after my move?

If I am forced to notify the ATF of my address change how will that effect my wait time? How do I go about it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you moving out of state? If not, form 4s go to your dealer, so unless they are moving too you are good to go.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you moving out of state? If not, form 4s go to your dealer, so unless they are moving too you are good to go.
View Quote
Staying in state.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Staying in state.
View Quote
Your good to go , as soon as you get your stamp let them know about the change, don’t sick up your place in line .
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Your good to go , as soon as you get your stamp let them know about the change, don’t sick up your place in line .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Staying in state.
So the address on my drivers license doesn't have to match the address on the form 4 when I undergo the background check at my FFL?
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So the address on my drivers license doesn't have to match the address on the form 4 when I undergo the background check at my FFL?
View Quote
The dealer won’t care.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The dealer won’t care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dealer won’t care.
Okay cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s not a background check, they just want the form to tie up their transfer records.  But I’ve been told they do not go through NICS
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Should be good to go.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as your address on ID matches the address you use in the 4473 you are good
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I did a 5320.20 change of address on my form 1’s and was told that form 4’s are not required.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I did a 5320.20 change of address on my form 1’s and was told that form 4’s are not required.
View Quote
I don't understand what you are saying. You don't need a 5320.20 for interstate transport of Suppressors or AOWs, otherwise 5320.20s work the same for all NFA items regardless of what form they are on.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't understand what you are saying. You don't need a 5320.20 for interstate transport of Suppressors or AOWs, otherwise 5320.20s work the same for all NFA items regardless of what form they are on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did a 5320.20 change of address on my form 1's and was told that form 4's are not required.
Exactly.  Form 1/4 has zero bearing on whether or not a 5320.20 is needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top