Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2018 3:03:36 PM EDT
I have a load that's working for my 6mm Creedmoor.  It needs a little tuning, but overall performance not bad at all.  I've been using Hornady 108 gr ELD Match projectiles, H4350, CCI 200, Hornady brass.

I've begun looking at Sierra Matchking 107 gr HPBT. Performance off ballistic calculations look very similar as expected since BC's are very close. Powder charge will change of course, but even though it is 1 grain less,  the may be a little velocity. Probably nothing worth chasing.

Anyone have experience with both? Impressions? I've always seen decent reviews of Matchkings but haven't tried them.

I should state that these loads are for my AR10 (DPMS pattern). Cases are trimmed to 1.91" and bullets have been seated to produce a COAL of 2.795". Even with the ELD's I haven't messed with seating depth yet. Sierra data shows a COAL of right at 2.800", the Hornady data for the ELD's is 2.795". There's only a little that can be used with this dimension. No issues with feeding on the current loads.

Thanks in advance for any and all info and opinions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Match King bullets have long been the standard that other companies have tried to live up to. Buy with confidence.

You will find Sierra bullets to work well in every rifle you own. Their bullet design is very forgiving and shoots well from virtually every rifle. Other companies have excellent bullets. Some may even surpass Sierra's accuracy in some rifles, but you can rely on Sierra's to always be a to performer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
My rifle is chambered in 6XC not 6 Creedmoor but it's a similar cartridge.

The first bullet I ever tried was the 107 gr SMK.  I have 1,000 6mm Berger Bullets that have been just sitting on my shelf for almost 20 years.  I just don't need them.

The 107 gr SMK worked so well, I have never bothered to even try any other bullet.

I don't know what else I can say about them that is a greater endorsement than that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Great info,  thank you both.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a newer Sierra Sierra 243 110gr SMK Meplat Tipped
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is a newer Sierra Sierra 243 110gr SMK Meplat Tipped
View Quote
From the link, "This bullet requires a barrel twist rate of 1x7” or faster."  Mine is only 1/8".  

It might still work but it is a disincentive to try them when the 107 works so well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're looking for new bullets check out the Nosler 105gr RDF. It's pointed from the factory and has a really impressive BC on it. So far out to 1000 the .571 G1 is working for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw the 110 SMK, but I think they may have to be seated deep.

The Noslers look interesting,  thanks for the info. I'm going to give them a try.  Right now looking for a good combo for my rig. Started with the ELD's because my 6.5 C does well with them. Unfortunately there not a lot out there on the 6 C yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw the 110 SMK, but I think they may have to be seated deep.

The Noslers look interesting,  thanks for the info. I'm going to give them a try.  Right now looking for a good combo for my rig. Started with the ELD's because my 6.5 C does well with them. Unfortunately there not a lot out there on the 6 C yet.
View Quote
I load the Noslers in a .243 AI to 2.800". They'll fit great in a 6 Creedmoor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top