Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2021 4:33:52 PM EDT
Where can I get one?  Do I really need one?  Can I shoot it suppressed without one?  Drawbacks?  More recoil?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is a good upgrade.
I have one for my AUG A3 w/ 20" barrel and it functions 100% using the "suppressed" setting even with weaker commercial 223 ammo.
The decrease in felt recoil is very noticeable, maybe about 20-30% less recoil.
Not sure if the same setting will work with a 16" barrel since the dwell time is shorter.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
The 16 will still function on the suppressed setting, you just have to use full powered 556. Tried it with tula and i would get a fte every 10rds or so.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#3]
My gun would not cycle properly without one so theres that. Bought it direct from Steyr in 2018 for $98.00
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Just watch steyr, they come in and go out within a week or so. I got another in 2020 from them
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
They came in stock briefly this morning. I managed to snag one. Hope you did as well OP.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
@chucku BOLO

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Never got my aug.  Assholes at shooting surplus  screwed me over.  Said they never got my certified letter with my postal mo inside.  Sold the gun to someone else.  I have the tracking showing someone signed for it 3 days after I mailed it.  They said they cant find it.  Now I have to file a refund form and 60 days after issue date I can get a refund.  I doubt Ill be able to find one then.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never got my aug.  Assholes at shooting surplus  screwed me over.  Said they never got my certified letter with my postal mo inside.  Sold the gun to someone else.  I have the tracking showing someone signed for it 3 days after I mailed it.  They said they cant find it.  Now I have to file a refund form and 60 days after issue date I can get a refund.  I doubt Ill be able to find one then.
View Quote

That's shitty bro. Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Had a similar situation but using USPS MO and tracker, I found they cashed it when the shop denied getting it when it was the signature of the owner.

After showing him t he photo, he backtracked and actually FOUND it.

Was soooooooooo apologetic.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Back in stock at V1 Tactical for $105
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally was able to order one today from V1 Tactical. Was like $123 total shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top