Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2022 10:00:06 PM EDT
I just saw the in stock notification email. Almost broke my mouse going there and snagging one. They show a bunch in stock (264 as of this post).

They may be in stock elsewhere, so check your favorite vendors.

https://v1tactical.com/product/steyr-aug-gas-regulator-for-suppressed-firing/
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I think there were 286 when I checked....
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
157 today
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure that I will ever suppress my AUG, but I bought one anyway, just in case.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is overgassed enough that I run the suppressor gas plug unsuppressed and really like it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure that I will ever suppress my AUG, but I bought one anyway, just in case.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You're welcome! Glad to help.

These can be hard to obtain sometimes.

Quoted:
Mine is overgassed enough that I run the suppressor gas plug unsuppressed and really like it.
AUGs are kind of overgassed.  I guess that's why they have the reputation for reliability, but it's good to have options. I find it hard to believe that I'd ever need the adverse setting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, OP! One thing I learned with Steyr parts/products is buy 'em when you see 'em, because they're only available in small batches.

They're down to 117 as of this post. That $15 shipping charge for a tiny part kind of hurts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Picked one up from PJ back in 2017 man they were a lot cheaper then.

But ya if you need one grab it 1st time I've seen them for sale since.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Picked one up from PJ back in 2017 man they were a lot cheaper then.
View Quote
Yeah, 2017 seems like so long ago. It was a different world back then.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks, OP! One thing I learned with Steyr parts/products is buy 'em when you see 'em, because they're only available in small batches.

They're down to 117 as of this post. That $15 shipping charge for a tiny part kind of hurts.
View Quote
Agreed on both counts. I'm still glad I snagged one though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]
When these mofo’s gonna ship?  We did pay $15 shipping after all.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When these mofo's gonna ship?  We did pay $15 shipping after all.
View Quote
Edit:  I just got an email at 9am this morning that mine shipped, with a tracking number.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I have found V1 to be super slow on shipping but since I've been looking for a suppressor gas plug for some time and they had it, I bought it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#13]
How effective are these?

Is it even worth it to suppress an AUG?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How effective are these?

View Quote

Can't comment on the effectiveness of the suppressor plug, but it is absolutely worth it to suppress an AUG. I find it to be no louder than any other suppressed 5.56 rifle I've shot.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How effective are these?

View Quote

Basically, the suppressor plug bleeds off extra gas out of the gun so when running suppressed, the internals don't get beat to death with most silencers.

It's worth it to suppress an AUG. It's probably louder than some hosts. (Bleed off from the gas, piston pop). But it's still much, much louder than non-suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#16]
It's worth it to buy if you're going to run suppressed. It's quieter and more reliable. I was very happy to get mine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How effective are these?

View Quote
I run a Turbo K on mine. Maybe it sucks as a host, but it sucks a lot less than no suppressor.

I use ear protection with all suppressed 5.56 guns anyway.

I bought the gas plug to reduced wear and tear on the rifle as others have said. Maybe it's just in my head, but it feels over gassed without a suppressor. With a suppressor it feels way over gassed and I've heard stories of guys breaking parts on these running suppressed without the suppressor gas plug.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it just the vent that is bigger? Do they reduce the gas coming into the plug too?

Seems like it would be easy enough to just drill out the adverse setting if that's the only change.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is it just the vent that is bigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Is it just the vent that is bigger?
Yes, it just vents more so less gas is acting on the piston.

Do they reduce the gas coming into the plug too?
No, it does not restrict the amount of gas coming from the gas port in the barrel

Seems like it would be easy enough to just drill out the adverse setting if that's the only change.
You would think, but apparently the adverse hole is too close to the huge grenade launch hole for drilling it larger to work.  What some guys have done is open up the adverse hole to the normal size, then open up the original normal hole to the suppressed size. These plugs are apparently very hard and difficult to drill though.

Steyr even changed the order of the settings for the factory suppressor plug

Steyr normal gas plug:
-normal
-adverse
-grenade

Steyr suppressor plug:
-normal
-grenade
-suppressed

Some reading:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/My-experience-drilling-the-Steyr-Aug-gas-plug-the-hardest-material-in-the-known-universe-/43-486114/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AUG/comments/sx0vcr/wait_before_drilling_your_suppressor_gas_plug/?sort=qa

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes, it just vents more so less gas is acting on the piston.
No, it does not restrict the amount of gas coming from the gas port in the barrel
You would think, but apparently the adverse hole is too close to the huge grenade launch hole for drilling it larger to work.  What some guys have done is open up the adverse hole to the normal size, then open up the original normal hole to the suppressed size. These plugs are apparently very hard and difficult to drill though.

Steyr even changed the order of the settings on the factory suppressor plug

The normal gas plug:-normal
-adverse
-grenade

The suppressor plug:
-normal
-grenade
-suppressed

Some reading:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/My-experience-drilling-the-Steyr-Aug-gas-plug-the-hardest-material-in-the-known-universe-/43-486114/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AUG/comments/sx0vcr/wait_before_drilling_your_suppressor_gas_plug/?sort=qa

View Quote

Thanks. I sucked up the $20 shipping and ordered one. Worst case I have a spare to experiment on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#21]
^
Good call. It's a tough pill to swallow, but years later you'll forget about the cost and be happy you got it.

Later on, you could always sell your original one to someone who wants to try drilling it out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Down to 52 in stock. Mine should be here Wednesday 5/18.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Down to 52 in stock. Mine should be here Wednesday 5/18.
View Quote
I'm surprised they lasted this long.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm surprised they lasted this long.
View Quote

There are probably a boatload of new AUG owners who aren't aware of this part or who don't care to ever run suppressed. I know every time the local gun shops get AUGs, they're gone pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#25]
46 after I ordered mine

Thanks OP

I had good results drilling my original gas plug but I still don’t wanna pass this up especially since with mine I ended up with suppressed and adverse
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Mine arrived today.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I tested mine out today, shooting around 100 rounds with a noticeably smoother impulse unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I tested mine out today, shooting around 100 rounds with a noticeably smoother impulse unsuppressed.
View Quote

Which setting did you use for unsuppressed shooting?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gonna assume suppressed. Nearly everyone I've seen use one leaves it on suppressed even without the can since the AUG is so overgassed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:52:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Gonna assume suppressed. Nearly everyone I've seen use one leaves it on suppressed even without the can since the AUG is so overgassed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suppressed setting full time…waiting on another muzzle device before I can run it suppressed. The above info is correct as the aug is very over gassed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Glad I could get one too since I have been waiting about two months for my can approval from ATF.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Cool. Glad so many of you guys were able to snag one.

Quoted:
View Quote
That's exactly what I plan to do as well. Though, I'll probably very rarely shoot it unsuppressed. I really like the AUG with the Turbo K on there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mine arrived today.
View Quote
That was quick!  Mine's supposed to arrive today.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That was quick!  Mine's supposed to arrive today.
View Quote

10 days from order to delivery. I hear that’s not bad for V1 Tactical.

No matter to me, I’m out of the country at the moment anyway.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Got mine today.

I measured the holes roughly with some drill bits.

Both Suppressed and Normal (and Adverse on the standard plug) have a .120" hole at the gas port. This is approximately the same size as the barrel port. Grenade cuts it off completely.

On the vent holes, Normal is about .81" on both plugs. Suppressed is about .110". I forgot to measure the Adverse vent, but it's considerably smaller than Normal.

On the suppressor plug, it looks like it's possible to drill a much smaller gas port at the new Grenade setting (where Adverse used to be) to limit the gas from the barrel port and add a second, perhaps quieter suppressor setting. That spot is far away from any other holes.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I just received mine in the mail today.

I'm still waiting on my suppressor tax stamp though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just received mine in the mail today.

I'm still waiting on my suppressor tax stamp though.
View Quote
What suppressor?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I just shot about 100 rds through my AUG with the new suppressor gas regulator I just received from V1 Tactical. I set it to the suppressed setting instead of normal setting with no suppressor. Shot very well. Looks like I will just leave it on the suppressor setting. When I get my CGS Helios DT can approval will see how it shoots with a suppressor on it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I set it to the suppressed setting instead of normal setting with no suppressor. Shot very well. Looks like I will just leave it on the suppressor setting.
View Quote
That seems to be the common practice for folks with these.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Why is shipping so expensive for this item?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Why is shipping so expensive for this item?
View Quote

Because when the company pays a lot less to actually ship it they pocket the difference
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Because when the company pays a lot less to actually ship it they pocket the difference
View Quote

It’s just like the shit sold on TV.  It’s free!  Just pay separate $49.99 shipping and handling fee.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Is anyone buying one with no plan to run suppressed? Is it that great of an item?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is anyone buying one with no plan to run suppressed? Is it that great of an item?

Thanks.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#45]
There are some confusion in reddit that the old adverse is now the suppressed and the grenade setting is still the same. What’s everyone here have experienced so far?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There are some confusion in reddit that the old adverse is now the suppressed and the grenade setting is still the same. What’s everyone here have experienced so far?
View Quote

Does this help?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I've seen that picture before. I made the post on Reddit and the supressor gas plug grenade setting is still the grenade setting(position 3). Can anyone post a pic of their gas plug where the supressed setting is position 3?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm pretty sure on mine the suppressed setting is at the 3rd position, marked GR on my rifle. And the 2nd position (where Adverse was) now cuts the gas off.

I'll double check and verify tonight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#49]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There are some confusion in reddit that the old adverse is now the suppressed and the grenade setting is still the same. What's everyone here have experienced so far?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There are some confusion in reddit that the old adverse is now the suppressed and the grenade setting is still the same. What's everyone here have experienced so far?

Quoted:
I've seen that picture before. I made the post on Reddit and the supressor gas plug grenade setting is still the grenade setting(position 3). Can anyone post a pic of their gas plug where the supressed setting is position 3?
Here is mine. The suppressor plug is on the left, the standard plug is on the right.

On both the, rivet is would be aligned with the GR mark on the gas block. The large hole on the left plug aligns with the gas port on the barrel. This is the suppressor setting. On the right plug, there is no hole aligned with the barrel gas port. This is the grenade setting.  The small holes on both are the vent holes for the normal setting and these are blocked in this position.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top