Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2020 3:38:59 PM EDT
I recently received my first suppressor and want to start setting up my rifles.  Can anyone help me determine if my AUG’s break is left or right hand threads?  If I am not posting the image right just let me know.

Thanks

https://i.postimg.cc/fWqKLRHN/7217-C10-D-E148-4466-A7-D1-1-A07886389-F3.jpg
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Left hand threads
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maleante:
Left hand threads
View Quote

so I can try the "cardboard and foot method"?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want the correct gas block also.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JohnGA:
You may want the correct gas block also.
View Quote

I picked one up from. PJ Steyr when they were in stock.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By p230:
so I can try the "cardboard and foot method"?
View Quote

Yes. It's hard to say how many gallons of loctite your barrel might have on the threads. You might try it without heat first, but you'll probably need heat anyway...
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Read Maleante's excellent instructions in:
this thread
read my report on page 3 of the same thread for tips from mine and links to good wrenches.

Originally Posted By maleante:
Yes. It's hard to say how many gallons of loctite your barrel might have on the threads. You might try it without heat first, but you'll probably need heat anyway...
View Quote

On my 24" it was torch the ever loving crap out of the nut and hider, until it starts smoking, then keep torching until it stops smoking, then maybe torch it a bit more for good measure, THEN go to town with wrenches.  I might have slightly discolored the flash hider on that one, but it did eventually come off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top