Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2019 2:00:24 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone has any data firing these modern loading's in an AUG.  I've seen 1'st hand, the 1/9 BBL can't run MK262, but I'm curious if anyone has tried the M855A1 or MK 318 Mod 1.  Both of those can be hard to find, but they are now the US standard military issue ball ammo, which is why I'm curious.

Since M855A1 has no lead, it's a longer bullet than the same 62 gr M855.  Longer bullets need more RPMs to stabilize, which means more twist, hence my question there.

MK 318 Mod1, which is 100% copper, with a nickle plating on it, is even longer than M855A1.  So I'm curious if anyone had a chance to try any of this in an AUG, and has any results?

That, and the ammo is different, with different profile, and different powder charges and pressure behavior.  I'm guessing they run just fine in terns of internal, external, and terminal ballistics - but heck, just curious if anyone had a chance to try any of that in a Steyr AUG in particular.

Also, in my experience AUG POI can be a little more ammunition dependent than an AR15, so curious as well if anyone has data on that too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top