User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
How quickly did the kits ship? I ordered mine on May 31st and I still haven’t received it. I called PJ and he said it’s in the mail and I should have received it Friday last week or Monday this week.

Edit: I just got a hold of PJ about this and it’s a problem with Steyr. There are 3 other people who didn’t receive their kits yet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Steyr are no longer shipping parts kits, if you sent money your pretty much stuck until Steyr gets their act together. Something is going on at Steyr, I would not be sending money or buying anything Steyr until they get their issues ironed out. Also I heard the same thing where people are waiting 3-4 weeks for parts kits and nothing is being communicated from Steyr, so much for their customer service.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Steyr's having an audit and shipping is temporarily halted. When the Austrians do their audit everything gets frozen.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Steyr's having an audit and shipping is temporarily halted. When the Austrians do their audit everything gets frozen.
View Quote
Do you know how much longer the audit is going on?

I purchased my kit on May 31st and was charged June 12th. I think I’m being very patient with this, but I can’t keep waiting with no communication. Pete emailed Steyr about my order on June 24th and CC’d me on the email. I have not received any communication from Steyr. I really need this parts kit to deban my USR, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it anymore. If I don’t get a response by next week I’m going to cancel my order and get a refund.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure I'd be as patient as you've been. If I were you, I'd be on the phone every day bothering Steyr and speaking with the highest person in charge. I'd probably also send emails or call steyr arms in Austria to let them know the current situation is unacceptable.

I don't have any other information other than when the Austrians have finished their audit, shipping will resume.

Sorry your stuff is stuck in limbo. If you can wait out the ineptitude then you'll be pleased with the product.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
And that's how they lost the war.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Their website seems to be back online and allows products to be seen, just ordered a rail, are they shipping yet?
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Per Pete it's all over now.

If you waited, you waited too long. If you got one of these, you got in on a GREAT deal.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Per Pete it's all over now.

If you waited, you waited too long. If you got one of these, you got in on a GREAT deal.
View Quote
Just confirming what was mentioned above. If you were patient and were able to hold out a month, Christmas will come early!
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
My kit finally shipped. Pete was very frustrated with Steyr and how they were handling these kits. He wasn’t making a lot of money on these so it was too much trouble than it was worth.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone parting their kit out? If anyone wants to let go of an extra stock let me know, don't need the whole kit.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My kit finally shipped. Pete was very frustrated with Steyr and how they were handling these kits. He wasn’t making a lot of money on these so it was too much trouble than it was worth.
View Quote
Steyr made more trouble for him. Got my kit today and it's missing a number of parts. No bolt carrier group, buttplate, gas system, barrel lock, plus a few other minor parts. Basically all I got was the stock, hammer pack, flash suppressor check nut, rear swing swivel, and part of the charging handle and foregrip assemblies.

I let Pete know and he's handling it. No complaints with him. He's been good about all this. Pretty disappointed in Steyr for messing this up so bad.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Steyr made more trouble for him. Got my kit today and it's missing a number of parts. No bolt carrier group, buttplate, gas system, barrel lock, plus a few other minor parts. Basically all I got was the stock, hammer pack, flash suppressor check nut, rear swing swivel, and part of the charging handle and foregrip assemblies.

I let Pete know and he's handling it. No complaints with him. He's been good about all this. Pretty disappointed in Steyr for messing this up so bad.
View Quote
Yup, got burned like a mother-f***er on this one. No bolt carrier group, buttplate, gas parts, barrel lock, etc. Got to wait a month and got an order with 1/3 the parts.

Goes to show you how much Steyr wants our business.

"Because you suck and we hate your business more than HK"
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Whoa. That's really not good.

The steyr USA from last year is not the steyr USA of today. Austria has been shaking things up...
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Good thing I passed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I got the small parts kit 7-8 days after I ordered it. But it was off their site and not through Pete.  After the MSAR mess, I'm buying parts kits for all my guns.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Well shit!! I just opened my box and I’m missing all the parts you guys mentioned. This is retarded. I’m going to call Pete tomorrow and see how this can be fixed. Honestly, I just want a refund. I’m tired of messing with this stuff.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#20]
That’s fucked, my kit was fine. I’m sorry for y’all. What the heck happened to Steyr?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That’s fucked, my kit was fine. I’m sorry for y’all. What the heck happened to Steyr?
View Quote
Just seems to be us late order guys that got the incomplete kits. I'm curious what happened in such a short period of time that had them go from shipping the full kits to what I got. I'm not mad yet since I'm hoping Pete can get things resolved, but this caused me to lose a lot of faith in Steyr when they had been pretty helpful to me before. We'll see how getting things straightened out goes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Old guy here.  I wish I had 1% the accolades PJS has earned.  
If Pete made the deal, relax, the parts will come.

Best,
John

Kinda : Yoda-esque
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Old guy here.  I wish I had 1% the accolades PJS has earned.  
If Pete made the deal, relax, the parts will come.

Best,
John

Kinda : Yoda-esque
View Quote
I don’t think anyone here is saying anything bad about Pete. He’s just the middleman and the kits are being drop shipped from Steyr. I’ve talked to Pete numerous times and he’s genuinely frustrated with what’s going on with these kits. I doubt he will team up with Steyr for something similar in the future because he’s making such a small percentage for this headache.

I asked Pete for a refund on my kit and he’s trying to get a return label from Steyr.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don’t think anyone here is saying anything bad about Pete. He’s just the middleman and the kits are being drop shipped from Steyr. I’ve talked to Pete numerous times and he’s genuinely frustrated with what’s going on with these kits. I doubt he will team up with Steyr for something similar in the future because he’s making such a small percentage for this headache.

I asked Pete for a refund on my kit and he’s trying to get a return label from Steyr.
View Quote
This. None of my frustration over this situation is directed at Pete. This is Steyr's foul up and I feel bad Pete is having to sort this out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This. None of my frustration over this situation is directed at Pete. This is Steyr's foul up and I feel bad Pete is having to sort this out.
View Quote
It is nice to have such a trusted person to deal with when things don't go as planned.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#26]
So I take back what I said, Pete is coming through. However without PJS, Steyr would pull an H&K and .....you suck and hate you all that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I got a UPS scheduled delivery notification today from Steyr Arms Inc. I’m assuming it’s the missing parts. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I’ll see what’s in the box.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I received the rest of my parts today.  It looks like everything is there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I received the rest of my parts today.  It looks like everything is there.
View Quote
My missing parts arrived today. Shoutout to Pete for getting everything taken care of.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#30]
will this work with the MSAR STG-556?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I read through this entire thread and am still confused regarding this parts kit.  Was it a semi auto parts kit or a full auto parts kit?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Semi
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#33]
apex has malaysian full autos for $300?
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Couldn't you mill the cross bolt to fit a semi receiver, just leave the ends of the cross bolt full auto size. BATFE shouldn't consider that a machine gun.
View Quote
Yes (although you'd have to mill both sides of the takedown latch all the way to the edge, so it would engage the semi receiver).
I think BATFE would consider that a MG, since it is a conversion device. The rest of the parts would be factory unmodified, and you'd have a MG.

I haven't heard of someone registering one though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#37]
are they of sub quality? beiong malaysian, carried once, dropped twice? hah  no other neat parts kitd on the horizon though, so i thought this was interesting
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#39]
gotcha. thanks.  i dunno that i actually want to own a functioning gun, or mainly dont wanna spend the cash, but when parts kits dry up thats typically it, so didnt wanna miss an opportunity...
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Is anyone interested in buying a number matching receiver for your kit? I'm working on something and will update again when I get an answer.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Is anyone interested in buying a number matching receiver for your kit? I'm working on something and will update again when I get an answer.
View Quote

Sure, depending on price!

ETA: complete receivers?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sure, depending on price!

ETA: complete receivers?
View Quote

I'm pitching the idea of a lower priced receiver minus charging handle and optic, with a serial number that will match your kit.

Assembly of the charging handle is on your own (as is putting together the rest of the STG77 kit) and you can buy an optic housing or rail however you decide.

I'm also trying to see if they'd do the same for the 9mm SPO serial numbered kits.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm pitching the idea of a lower priced receiver minus charging handle and optic, with a serial number that will match your kit.

Assembly of the charging handle is on your own (as is putting together the rest of the STG77 kit) and you can buy an optic housing or rail however you decide.

I'm also trying to see if they'd do the same for the 9mm SPO serial numbered kits.
View Quote

Color me interested
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

SPO?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
SPO?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I would just be interested in buying a receiver so I can finish out a post sample with the Malaysian kit that I got.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I'll make sure they know of your request.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would just be interested in buying a receiver so I can finish out a post sample with the Malaysian kit that I got.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Yeah, this. I’d buy 1-2 for this.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep... but it sounds like a big pain in the ass getting the S/Ns unless it’s just a custom run based on whatever we request.  In which case does it have to be a STG77 kit S/N?  Does that just complicate things?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 2:54:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep... but it sounds like a big pain in the ass getting the S/Ns unless it’s just a custom run based on whatever we request.  In which case does it have to be a STG77 kit S/N?  Does that just complicate things?
View Quote

People will shit kittens when I say this but due to the difficulty and expense of getting US AUG parts for de-banning a USR one of the options I think is interesting is to use an MSAR E4 stock and MSAR trigger pack. This, along with US made mags gives you more than enough US parts. It works perfect. I like the MSAR stock a bit better, more sling and rail mounting points and options, the finger groove and texturing is nice too. Also the MSAR E4 stock fits right on and does not have to be hand fitted like a Steyr NATO stock. Plus you get the bolt release and left hand ejection options. Also the storage compartment is larger.

People will be like OMG its the end of the world, but hey, it works perfect, it is not permanent, doesn't need tools, can be done it under a minute and you are already talking about un-original-ing the USR anyways.

tsh77769
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top