Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2020 8:42:47 PM EDT
I decided to change up my usual buying habits and recently bought a Steyr AUG - I've been wanting one for years, but never could bring myself to getting one. I've never considered a bullpup as a primary option for me - I think there are better options, so if I was going to buy one, it was gonna be a classic platform like an AUG.

I picked this up with a handful of factory mags and even an anniversary scope that the seller had for what I considered a great price and it's been on since then - I'm really digging it!

I added what I thought were pretty essential accessories after having shot it a bit:

- Anniversary scope came off and a Nightforce NX8 with Manticore Arms Talon mount was added. This was a serious improvement to the rifle. I like the Manticore mount as it kept the original lines of the legacy optic.

- AAC SPR/M4 suppressor. This had been sitting in the safe for several years, so it's now getting put to good use.

- Manticore Arms Raptor Charging Handle

- Manticore Arms Brass Buster. I'm have mixed feelings on this. I really don't need it from the strong side, and I can't view through the optic on the weak side, so I'll be pulling it off.

I've got a couple of hundred rounds through it so far and am looking forward to heading back out this weekend for some more trigger time.

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You gotta love the AUG. Good choice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You gotta love the AUG. Good choice.
View Quote

Yep and congratulations on the new gun!
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
is that a 14" barrel?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one recently and can't wait to shoot it. My optic should be in on Thursday.

I got one of the Corvus Defensio brass deflectors. I think it's less obnoxious and people seem to like it.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
@mcantu, nope - 16" barrel. The SPR/M4 mount fits over the barrel.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
is that a 14" barrel?
View Quote

I’m with you; that barrel looks awfully short. Pinned & welded(sp?)?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’m with you; that barrel looks awfully short. Pinned & welded(sp?)?
View Quote

No need to. The SPR/M4 is a reflex can that mounts over the barrel. It is an unmolested 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No need to. The SPR/M4 is a reflex can that mounts over the barrel. It is an unmolested 16" barrel.
View Quote

The reflex design certainly gives the illusion of a much smaller overall package when the can is attached.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top