Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 11:44:40 AM EDT
Hi to all
I have one of first NVG-7 produced by ATN it was quite good, but now it doesn't work: when I turn on the device, I can only see a green light on the edge of field of view, 8-9 hours, if I turn on IR the indicator becomes red and with another nvg I can see the IR illumination; I think the tube is gone correct?
I wrote twice to ATN, but they didn't reply, I opened the device, but on the tube there are only cyrillic characters, so I have no idea of what kind of tube I must search to replace it.
Someone tell me that NVG7 uses same tubes of PVS7, could you confirm?
Any kind of information, or advice, are welcome
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
it could use a pvs7 type tube but these also are made with a thinner tube fitted , if you could take a picture of your tube then it should be easy to tell  if the tube has wires coming out of it then it could be the shorter tube
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately I'm not able to upload images, but the tube has no wires only a couple of contact plates, the diameter is 42.71 mm, the thikness 30.72 mm, it has a rim for correct positioning of tube in the housing.
If you want, I can try send you the pics, so you can see them and if you want, post them.
How about the voltage and the focusing?
THANK YOU
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds like a standard pvs7 type tube - if you google mx10130 then it should look like those , should have a curved concave fibre optic output  , if so then i would expect a standard pvs7 tube to fit and focus ok.
you could put 3v on your tube when it is on the bench just to be sure it will not lite up
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hi to all
I have one of first NVG-7 produced by ATN it was quite good, but now it doesn't work: when I turn on the device, I can only see a green light on the edge of field of view, 8-9 hours, if I turn on IR the indicator becomes red and with another nvg I can see the IR illumination; I think the tube is gone correct?
I wrote twice to ATN, but they didn't reply, I opened the device, but on the tube there are only cyrillic characters, so I have no idea of what kind of tube I must search to replace it.
Someone tell me that NVG7 uses same tubes of PVS7, could you confirm?
Any kind of information, or advice, are welcome
View Quote

you have a Russian tube.  i'm not sure if a 10130 tube will fit in the housing.

have you tried putting voltage directly to the tube and see if it will light up?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sounds like a standard pvs7 type tube - if you google mx10130 then it should look like those , should have a curved concave fibre optic output  , if so then i would expect a standard pvs7 tube to fit and focus ok.
you could put 3v on your tube when it is on the bench just to be sure it will not lite up
View Quote

I will try with 3v and I will tell
THANK YOU
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

you have a Russian tube.  i'm not sure if a 10130 tube will fit in the housing.

have you tried putting voltage directly to the tube and see if it will light up?
View Quote

the tube is russian and has only two contact plate, I hope ATN based construction on a standard american tube
I will try light up the tube directly
I know there are old post about the NVG-7 but I can't find them
THANK YOU
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I will try with 3v and I will tell
THANK YOU
View Quote

I sent you my email in PM if you would like me to post the photos for you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Images sent
Very kind of you thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Photos for the OP.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
There should be 2 electrical contact point connections (holes) in the tube on both sides of the small notch, the contact points are there, but there is no hole for the prong to go into that are in the housing?

The NVG 7 might have a bit different setup that a PVS 7?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#11]
looks like a pvs7 tube would fit just fine - the prongs dont fit into the holes they press on to the plates, if the output is fibre optic and concave , the output window edge about 7mm from the top , - all good - also check the front window is glass input and not fibre optic just to be absolutly sure and it will be ok , i have fitted pvs7 tubes in nvg7 before but there are lots of different models so best to make sure
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Some updates:
the housing provides a 3V tension, the contacts are not prong, but a sort of "elastic arms", that can't fit in a hole, even not deep, indeed the tube has a sort of plates.
Tried the tube by a 3V battery: it lights up only at one point at the edge, at one o clock, about at the opposite side that it appears in the nvg
The output window is concave, about 7 mm deep, as johnelot told, not sure if the front window is glass: it has a sort of red lens.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#13]
the tube bottom is fibre optic type and top is glass like 99 % of these type tubes , only difference is front lens will need to be turned slightly further back for infinity focus if you put a glass input where a fo, input was  as with the glass tube focus is on the photocathode behind the glass and with the fo. input the focus is on the surface

pic of the front window of your tube would clear it up

not sure if the pic link will work as i not sure how to do pics

https://imgur.com/PLtHoRx

i have a rusian gen 2 tube here in pvs7 format almost same as yours and it slots in a pvs7 perfect
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Another pic from the OP.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks to help of mah827, front view of my tube was posted.
I want thanks again all that helped me and that would help me
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#16]
looks like a normal glass input but i have never seen a red color one like tht - it almost looks like the red film that is on some tubes to protect the front window before use, will it come off ?.
if the tube is bust then i would think a 10130 type should go straight in
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
looks like a normal glass input but i have never seen a red color one like tht - it almost looks like the red film that is on some tubes to protect the front window before use, will it come off ?
View Quote

That would be simply amazing if that really is just protective red film that should have come off during assembly
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I try but the red doesn't come off, so I think it is some kind of lens.
I found a real friend that lent me his pvs7 with a Photonis tube, I found the courage, I open the pvs(yes my friend knew I will open it) and I put the tube in nvg.
Result: the tubes have same dimensions, the close vision is good, but far vision not; at this point what kind of tube must I search?
I'm very confused
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#19]
for far away focus the front lens needs to be close to the tube , if this is a fibre optic front window then it might explain why your front lens can not get close enough with the photonis tube with a glass input . is there a focus stop ring on the front lens ?  
when you tried the photonis tube did you adjust the diopters to get sharp focus on the eyepieces ?
i would slip the photonis tube in the front housing and measure the distance that the front lens will be from the tube when the lens is right back , that would give an idea if the lens is coming far enough back to focus , if there is a big gap then it might need the lens stop adjusting

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I did a new test: this time I screwed the objective more than the first time and...it works PVS7 TUBE WORKS IN AVG7 HOUSING THANK YOU TO ALL!!!
Now start the search of a new tube and the question is where can I find it?
Is better a new quite good tube, or a used very good tube?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Great news that you got it to work. There are a few members from Europe that might be able to help you with a tube source.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top