Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2021 11:51:21 AM EDT
I requested the FD258LE cards with the WVATF0800 info, but they sent me the cards with the WVATF1100 info in the ORI section. Can I cross out the wrong info and write in the correct stuff or should I reorder new cards? This is for an eForm 1 that I have not submitted yet.

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't cross out the ORI. Use a sticker (blank white) and write the correct ORI on that.
Or just send them like they are.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, the ATF will update the ORI information when they receive the cards.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC, the ATF will update the ORI information when they receive the cards.
View Quote
Yes, the latest intel (which is now years old) indicated they correct them with pre-printed white stickers.

I suspect if it was a problem to send them with the incorrect ORI, we'd hear about it here.

It can often be challenging to have LE print onto blank cards (the free ones from ATF) without additionally printing their own ORI onto said cards (due to software or user limitations). I'm sure that's why ATF just corrects them and doesn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys, I found some blank address labels and cut them to fit the ORI box, and then just wrote the correct info. We will find out in 30+ days if that works.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#5]
My bet is it will work fine.

I forgot to sign and date the last set I sent and the eform1 was still approved.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:56:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the help guys, I found some blank address labels and cut them to fit the ORI box, and then just wrote the correct info. We will find out in 30+ days if that works.
View Quote

It'll be just fine. I do it ALL the time for my customers. Since most have the ORI for whatever local PD does the persons fingerprints. I just print up a white sticky label and they go through. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top