Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2021 12:16:06 PM EDT
I got my eform 1 back disapproved for uploading a "blank" gun trust copy. On my end it showed it was filled out but on the examiners end it was not. So I resubmitted today and made sure everything was good. Now both form 5320.23s show that they are not filled out on the examiners end but if I look on my end they are filled out. Now shes saying I have to resubmit again and send in new fingerprint cards. This is such BS! Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Blank 5320.23s would be hard considering you have to print them out to sign them and then scan and upload them to the eforms site.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
When she opens it everything is blank. Except what I uploaded is not blank...
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When she opens it everything is blank. Except what I uploaded is not blank...
View Quote

When you say "Everything is blank", is it just white pages or is it the 5320.23 but all the fields are empty?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
5320.23 with all fields blank.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Which most likely means the incorrect form was uploaded. Since the 5320.23 needs to be printed, scanned and uploaded, it is almost impossible for those fields to be blank unless you uploaded a blank copy of the 5320.23.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
But when I look at the form that I uploaded on my submitted form 1 everything is filled in.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Like when I go to submitted/in process and go to electronic documents and click on the 5320.23 that is uploaded everything is filled in.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like when I go to submitted/in process and go to electronic documents and click on the 5320.23 that is uploaded everything is filled in.
View Quote

Did you upload it under the electronic documents and under the RP section?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Both.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Both.
View Quote

That might be the problem. As far as i know and as far as I've experienced, you should only be uploading the RPQ under the RP section.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#11]
But the trust has to be uploaded under electronic documents?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But the trust has to be uploaded under electronic documents?
View Quote

Yes, because that is where the trust gets uploaded.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Gotcha, I guess ill resubmit a third time with prints and hope it gets approved. Thank you for the help.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I had the same issue. Probably Mac related for me.  The pdf wouldn't open on their end. I didn't believe it since it opened on my end. I tried downloading the forms and opening on a different Windows computer and they were right.

I redid on a PC and resubmitted. Hoping it goes thru this time. I did email ask the experts and they said they could see it this time around. Hopefully the examiner can too

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I never get a response from ask the experts.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Snail mail. BS like this is why I skipped the online route for my last F1.

No issues and didn't take much longer than what online people were reporting
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#17]
If you fill out the form on a Mac and then upload it as is, it may be blank for PCs.  I discovered this when I took the form I filled out on the Mac (and showed filled out), transferred it to a thumb drive and then opened it on a PC.  For whatever reason the PC showed blank.

One option is to "save as," creating a new file and not just filling out the file that was downloaded.  Be sure to double check.
Or print it off and scan it so you know that it is filled out for sure, and not some dumb computer glitch.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 3:50:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Snail mail. BS like this is why I skipped the online route for my last F1.
View Quote

Username checks out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Which most likely means the incorrect form was uploaded. Since the 5320.23 needs to be printed, scanned and uploaded, it is almost impossible for those fields to be blank unless you uploaded a blank copy of the 5320.23.
View Quote

Why does it need to be printed scanned and uploaded?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had the same issue. Probably Mac related for me.  The pdf wouldn't open on their end. I didn't believe it since it opened on my end. I tried downloading the forms and opening on a different Windows computer and they were right.

I redid on a PC and resubmitted. Hoping it goes thru this time. I did email ask the experts and they said they could see it this time around. Hopefully the examiner can too

View Quote

FWIW, I did mine on PC and had it rejected because the examiner couldn't open the RPQ.

It's bullshit they reject it and can't just ask for a copy. We're trying to follow the rules and they fuck with us.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 6:17:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because the RPQ needs to be signed by the responsible person before being uploaded to the eforms site.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because the RPQ needs to be signed by the responsible person before being uploaded to the eforms site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Digital signature.
I've done 3 form 4s and a form 1 without touching a piece of paper.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Digital signature.
I've done 3 form 4s and a form 1 without touching a piece of paper.
View Quote

Digital/Electronic signatures are not approved for use on the 5320.23 as it is not an eform. The only exception would be if a variance was granted by the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Digital/Electronic signatures are not approved for use on the 5320.23 as it is not an eform. The only exception would be if a variance was granted by the ATF.
View Quote

Thank you, sincerely, I did not know that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I feel you pain, same boat

Sterling SBR, E-Form Gun Trust
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top