Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 12:19:02 PM EDT
For any of those curious as to how this inhouse made AR500 Armor (or Armored Republic) level IV performs, I sacrificed 2 for your knowledge gathering. Previously AR500A has used Tencate, Hesco, and RMA for their level IV offerings. I will say it meets the spec; M2AP at 2880 fps, but it's robustness/durability is seriously lacking vs it's price point.
AR500 Level IV inhouse plate

Armored Republic (AR500 Armor) Level IV Body Armor Test

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Ouch. There should be a re-designed v2.0 coming...hopefully.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
@Buffman_LT1  did you say 17 lbs per plate?  The website has it listed at 7.5 lbs/plate.  

Also, want to hear more about you & the wife tag teaming Barbra.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Buffman_LT1  did you say 17 lbs per plate?  The website has it listed at 7.5 lbs/plate.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah I meant 7 lbs, 15oz, but when I said it, somehow added 10 lbs to it. :D I annotated on the video for the mistake :D

Barbara :D
Athletes must perform five rounds for time of: 20 pull-ups, 30 push-ups, 40 sit-ups and 50 air squats, with 3 minutes rest at the end of each round.
Damn situps slow us down..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top