Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 4:23:50 PM EDT
Howdy guys

Does anyone happen to know if beretta ar70/ sport models share the same main receiver parts as its later ar70/90 brother?

As in, could I use a bipod from the 70/90 on my 70/sport to have it correct? Also, could the lower be swapped out and be able to run standard stanag mags/ folding stock?

I have scoured the internet and I couldn't find much information between the two models minus the obvious changes.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
AR70/90 is almost completely different --I thought it was just a furniture change, but just about everything was tweaked.  They essentially did a clean sheet design to recreate the same mechanism they already had.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By barnbwt:
AR70/90 is almost completely different --I thought it was just a furniture change, but just about everything was tweaked.  They essentially did a clean sheet design to recreate the same mechanism they already had.
View Quote

Dang. I've been searching for a bipod for over a year. Well, you definitely saved me some cash.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So scouring through the web I found these pictures. First is a correct AR70 bi-pod off a Malaysian kit build and the second picture is from Apex AR70/90 Parts kits. Looks to be like the 70/90 bi-pod is clamp on. No idea if they would interchange without trying. This is causing more questions then answers it seems.

Thanks again guys for the help.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Bipods are not interchangeable.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The 70/90 handguard and bipod will absolutely fit the 70. The 70 was my obsession in the 90s. Here's mine, that Buddy put on his site, many years ago. I did sell it all almost 20 years ago.
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/Misc_Pics/AR70_Package.jpg
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The 70/90 handguard and bipod will absolutely fit the 70. The 70 was my obsession in the 90s. Here's mine, that Buddy put on his site, many years ago. I did sell it all almost 20 years ago.
View Quote

Very cool.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#8]
@Jodi

Where did you get that folding stock!?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Jodi

Where did you get that folding stock!?
View Quote

I actually had two at different times. Got one, along with the green case and the Beretta marked scope, along with other unobtanium parts from a guy in TX that knew the Beretta family. Can't remember where the other came from. I did get $1500.00 for one of them, and $2k for the other stock, handguard, and bipod. Traded the scope and original mount in that picture for A Belgium FN para mount and Hensoldt scope. The 90's were a heyday for parts and accessories that are impossible to find now. It's too bad they didn't bring in kits with the folder, unless someones hoarding them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are the man! Looks like I'm stashing a 70/90 kit for my 70.

I remember seeing 8 round mags as well but they have all but disappeared as well. I did buy my ar70 for 1500 so I cant complain.

Thanks for the knowledge because I scoured the web for knowledge about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top