Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2018 7:18:56 AM EDT
1200 round APC9 usually shot with 147gr suppressed with an Omega 9k and never an issue until yesterday. Was shooting unsuppressed with Lawman 115gr and with a few rounds to go, the mag fell out. Nothing obvious on the mag, so I marked it and used another. I made sure it was seated, shot almost the whole mag and with a few rounds left, I had a FTF, the mag catch was sticking out, and the mag ready to fall out.

Anyone experience this? Any ideas as to the problem?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not. I have a few thousand rounds through mine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I probably don't have that many rounds through mine, but haven't run into anything like that. Sounds like the mag catch is obviously walking itself out with the cycling of the gun, the fact that it occurred with different mags would have me looking at the mag catch itself. Perhaps the spring is faulty??...I'd call B&T USA in Tampa
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
1000+ rounds, never had that issue. My guess is there is something wrong with the spring on the right side mag release mechanism.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1200 round APC9 usually shot with 147gr suppressed with an Omega 9k and never an issue until yesterday. Was shooting unsuppressed with Lawman 115gr and with a few rounds to go, the mag fell out. Nothing obvious on the mag, so I marked it and used another. I made sure it was seated, shot almost the whole mag and with a few rounds left, I had a FTF, the mag catch was sticking out, and the mag ready to fall out.

Anyone experience this? Any ideas as to the problem?
View Quote
I had the same issue although it was at a lower round count. When I called B&T they told me that it was that the chamber was very tight and that it needed to be thoroughly cleaned with a chamber brush. Thay also had me send in my bolt for a micro polish which they do on all new guns now. my apc is from 2016 the first two numbers of the serial number is the year of manufacturer, not quite sure when they started doing the polishing as standard practice.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting, I have a 2016 APC and so far, haven’t had the slightest issue with it but if I do at least I know a possible cause and fix. I would’ve never guessed that the bolt undergoing a micro polish and chamber being brushed would be the fix.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Both my APC9 and APC 45 are 2015 models. I haven't had any problems so far but I will try to remember this fix should I ever get the same issues. Thanks for posting the solution.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had the same issue although it was at a lower round count. When I called B&T they told me that it was that the chamber was very tight and that it needed to be thoroughly cleaned with a chamber brush. Thay also had me send in my bolt for a micro polish which they do on all new guns now. my apc is from 2016 the first two numbers of the serial number is the year of manufacturer, not quite sure when they started doing the polishing as standard practice.

Hope this helps.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply! I’m having difficulty understanding how this could make a mag fall out though. Anyone have any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Cycling of the bolt putting downward pressure on the magazine???...idk...I’m puzzled too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure why the polishing would work, however I didn't have anymore problems afterwards. And I was having FTF issues as you mentioned in your second manufuntion.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I see. I figured my FTF was because the mag was coming out of the gun and the bolt didn’t pick up the round correctly.

For everyone’s reference, when the 2nd mag was dislodged and coming out, I could see the mag catch sticking out farther than it should be. It was angled outward as if someone was depressing the right side mag release. So, of the 2 mag catch springs, the compression spring as if pressing from the left is strong and fine. It’s the elbow spring as if pressing from the right that has the issue.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Talked to B&T at SuppressedFest yesterday. They said with an unusual combo of ammo, and type of firing, the ammo in the mag can become slightly dislodged causing it to push outward on the release and that the fix is to have them modify the catch with a slight angle on the top surface to prevent this. If it happens to me again, I’ll send it in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top