Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 9:57:28 AM EDT
I tend to see AGM regarded as low quality on here. Would this unit with decent tubes be ok for an entry level device or do most of you guys still suggest a pvs-14 from a reputable shop over the AGM housing with decent tubes installed?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The lens quality isn't as good as carson or L3. But the price for a complete housing is better than you will find anywhere else, especially for an articulating housing. The next better thing would be something like an rnvg or mod3 that will cost you almost a grand more when you include lenses. Or 700-800 more with AGM lenses that won't get you any better quality.

I plan on picking up a nvg-40 housing later this year when funds allow, too busy with home renovation stuff tonight now. I know they aren't the best out there, but they will make a good loaner set for me and I'm a poor
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The lens quality isn't as good as carson or L3. But the price for a complete housing is better than you will find anywhere else, especially for an articulating housing. The next better thing would be something like an rnvg or mod3 that will cost you almost a grand more when you include lenses. Or 700-800 more with AGM lenses that won't get you any better quality.

I plan on picking up a nvg-40 housing later this year when funds allow, too busy with home renovation stuff tonight now. I know they aren't the best out there, but they will make a good loaner set for me and I'm a poor
View Quote

This is kind of what I was hoping for but being so new to this stuff, would the casual user benefit by building this setup for a bit cheaper, or just pony up the dough for the lowest price setup from a more reputable builder?

Would this be a Palmetto State Armory build when I really should have just gone with a factory built BCM?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
IMO, the cost will really be determined by what you have into tubes.

If you can get some decent tubes for 2k a pair, then yeah I can see that being worth it. A PSA homebuild would be a decent analogy. But I'm a guy who will shoot the heck out of homebuilds because I know I out them together right. I don't own an AR I didn't build. So to each their own.

Your only other usable binos in that price range would be an ebay set of used ANVIS. Anything else will be some ATN junk that you can't even adjust the interpupilary distance.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IMO, the cost will really be determined by what you have into tubes.

If you can get some decent tubes for 2k a pair, then yeah I can see that being worth it. A PSA homebuild would be a decent analogy. But I'm a guy who will shoot the heck out of homebuilds because I know I out them together right. I don't own an AR I didn't build. So to each their own.

Your only other usable binos in that price range would be an ebay set of used ANVIS. Anything else will be some ATN junk that you can't even adjust the interpupilary distance.

View Quote

@SGT-Fish. The alibaba iit’s? Anywhere I can read about those? Not much info out there about them
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
AGM, look where their gear is made, check the QAQC, ask if the tubes are made in Russia, do they have a long and good history of customer service?

Look at one of their analogue products - does the website report important parameters like gain, sensitivity, EBI and halo - if not, why not?

There are number of reasons why many on here avoid their analogue gear and to be frank, their whole set up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
@GroundhogOZ this is what I am inquiring about for housing...

https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/agm-nvg-40-complete-night-vision-goggle-kit-without-tubes/
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@SGT-Fish. The alibaba iit’s? Anywhere I can read about those? Not much info out there about them
View Quote

There was a pair of GP omni 6(?) tubes on the EE a couple days ago for close to 2k.

2 years ago I found all my omni 7 tubes for even cheaper. Only way I could really afford to get into multiple NODs. Prices are high now but you can still find some deals.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
AGM, look where their gear is made, check the QAQC, ask if the tubes are made in Russia, do they have a long and good history of customer service?

Look at one of their analogue products - does the website report important parameters like gain, sensitivity, EBI and halo - if not, why not?

There are number of reasons why many on here avoid their analogue gear and to be frank, their whole set up.
View Quote

We are only really looking into their housings. I'm not interested in their tubes.  I'm pretty sure the dude from Kosher is the only US distributor/importer of their stuff. When I tried to contact AGM directly about some products, and got a reply from kosher surplus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top