Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 7:57:51 PM EDT
I know AGM uses cheapo China pos lenses.

Is it possible to swap pvs-14 lenses onto AGM’s NVD 40 housings?

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Short answer, No
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Longer answer:

I believe they use C-mount lenses. Which you can find computar lenses for in F/1.2 i believe. I also saw someone that put two ENVIS objectives on a set. But last time I saw those they were 400 each so you are looking at 800 bucks minimum if you can find them.

Of course I could be totally mistaken
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
also, I don't think they are Chinese lenses, but maybe Eastern European or something like that. I'd have to look it up again. But its not the same glass as the alibaba "mum-14s" that atn and some agm units use.

Same disclaimer applies
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Made by Sphera in the Ukraine so not Chinese glass.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that any better?

Also thank you for all the replies I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is that any better?

View Quote

I'll let you know own later this year whenever I buy a housing. Will probably do a video on it, but at the very least ill do a write-up.  

All the videos/reviews are of complete units with unknown tubes and most are the nvg-50. I hope to at least have pictures with my tubes through Carson pvs14 glass, anvis glass, and AGM NVG-40 glass
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'll let you know own later this year whenever I buy a housing. Will probably do a video on it, but at the very least ill do a write-up.  

All the videos/reviews are of complete units with unknown tubes and most are the nvg-50. I hope to at least have pictures with my tubes through Carson pvs14 glass, anvis glass, and AGM NVG-40 glass
View Quote

I’ll be on the look out for that. I aswell have only seen reviews on complete units built by AGM from somewhere similar to optics planet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is that any better?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that any better?

The weak link of the NVG-40 is the glass it’s not terrible but not great either, the bridge is well built and in all honesty if you could 3D print or manufacture new pods that accepted PVS 14 glass it would be a pretty decent setup.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The weak link of the NVG-40 is the glass it’s not terrible but not great either, the bridge is well built and in all honesty if you could 3D print or manufacture new pods that accepted PVS 14 glass it would be a pretty decent setup.
View Quote

If they use the agm pvs-14 optics it seems they look the same. Maybe the threads are different but also looking at the housings they have bolts in them... not sure if that holds the lenses or the threads for the lenses.

I was able to find these pics on kosher surplus

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top