Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2021 1:40:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson]
I know, they said earlier this year that they were going to improve the ACR but its been a lot of back and forth with very little info.

Read more:

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/bushmaster-firearms-is-back/#ixzz72ayjg7Bl

Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Bushmaster Firearms is Back!
Ammoland Inc. Posted on August 4, 2021 by AmmoLand Editor Duncan Johnson

U.S.A. –-(AmmoLand.com)- The venerable Bushmaster brand has been a household name in firearms for many years. Today we are proud to announce, that Bushmaster is back!

The preliminary offerings will focus on variants of the XM15-E2S model such as the QRC and M4 Patrolman’s. We look forward to supporting law enforcement, military markets and reestablishing export sales with these items. In the future, we look forward to producing the ACR and models chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Bushmaster Firearms is excited to announce our return. We are not an affiliate with any other firearms manufacturing companies. In times to come, our array of products will provide Proven perfection to all.

“Bushmaster Firearms is proud to be focusing on quality, American made manufacturing, driven by a long history that Bushmaster has accompanied. We will be using innovating and improved engineering, advanced materials, as well as the latest technology. It will always be Bushmaster’s mission to push our limits of performance, so that you can push yours.” CEO, Sun Naegele

About Bushmaster

Bushmaster is a Nevada Corporation focusing on Quality, American Made manufacturing. PROVEN through hard use in competition, and in the woods and prairies of America, Bushmaster has PROVEN itself. Driven by the spirit of innovation that began more than 48 years ago, using improved engineering, manufacturing techniques, and advanced materials, Bushmaster continues to enhance our products. Our Consistency, Accuracy, and Quality Driven American Made weapons are critical in our overall success.

From our workhorse of reliability, the XM15-E2S, to the rapid adaptability of the ACR, to the ultimate long-range tool, the BM50, no other manufacturer offers more cutting-edge firearms innovation for America’s competitors, Military, Law Enforcement, Hunters, and Recreational shooters than Bushmaster. Bushmaster proudly defends freedom, as we are Proven in the most severe conditions.

It will always be our mission to push the limits of performance, so that you can push yours.

Bushmaster. PROVEN.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
This all seems so familiar.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 8:03:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#2]
Yeah they posted on IIRC Calguns a couple months ago. It looks like they still aren't giving a timeline, but I am hoping by the end of 2023 we will see new ones again.

By the time it got discontinued in 2019 the ACR was pretty mature. The few problems they had were resolved (brass deflector, charging assembly retainer) other than maybe the gas block legs.

I think the biggest thing for them will be to implement some of the things the aftermarket has been doing for the past few years: offering a lightweight model without QD barrel system, offer a variety of lowers for different magazine types, different caliber kits (obviously since that was one of the main gripes with the original ACR), and updated handguards (namely M-lok).

My ACR is a late production model and I have been very pleased with it. I am in the process of getting it set up for NVG use.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Id buy an ACR. Especially if I could SBR it easily.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in but lack of time frame is the only concerning part.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:
I'm in but lack of time frame is the only concerning part.
View Quote

It's to be expected with the ACR
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Definitely will buy one, especially if I can sbr it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd be game for one, just for something a little different
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Which outfit bought Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:52:50 AM EDT
[#9]
OST Always wanted one. hopefully they make it good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
Which outfit bought Bushmaster?
View Quote

Franklin Armory
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:

Franklin Armory
View Quote

The non rifled SBR barrel guys?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 2:39:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By VIP3R:  The non rifled SBR barrel guys?
View Quote

And binary guys, and "other" AR guys.  Yes.  They've been trolling ATF & California gun laws for quite some time.  If Magpul doesn't charge them a fortune for the parts &/or licensing, Franklin's probably as good as any to make a go of it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 2:48:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

And binary guys, and "other" AR guys.  Yes.  They've been trolling ATF & California gun laws for quite some time.  If Magpul doesn't charge them a fortune for the parts &/or licensing, Franklin's probably as good as any to make a go of it.
View Quote
Oh, I hope you are right.  Fork .gov.ca
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:44:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toasted] [#14]
$3000 MSRP?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Id buy an ACR. Especially if I could SBR it easily.
View Quote
Everyone should have an ACR SBR!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CAR_16:
$3000 MSRP?
View Quote

They were going to $1500ish when BM ceased production
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Call me when they actually have one for sale.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Light weight non-swappable front trunions, light weight barrels, short barrels, no M203 cuts, caliber swaps, long handguards, lower receiver swaps for other magazines...

You know all the stuff that should have been there from the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By eodinert:
Light weight non-swappable front trunions, light weight barrels, short barrels, no M203 cuts, caliber swaps, long handguards, lower receiver swaps for other magazines...

You know all the stuff that should have been there from the beginning.
View Quote

These were all already available.

The rest are available now in the aftermarket and shouldn't be hard for Franklin to implement.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#20]
*fingers crossed

I REALLY bought into the Masada hype at the beginning.

I have a sub-100 serial number from within about 24 hours of them hitting the market, that I paid out of the ass for.

It's been a rough ride. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but the .450 Bushmaster model actually has a product page with description and everything.

Maybe it will be sooner rather than later?
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:45:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eodinert] [#22]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

View Quote

They were available at the end of it's life.  Not in time to keep everyone from getting tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AK-12:
View Quote

That's news to me.  The main reason I never bought an ACR is BM was only offering a 1x9 M4 profile barrel from the factory.  

I remember a lot of people on here having aftermarket AR barrels fitted to the ACR, but that's something I refused to do for a "premium" rifle right off the shelf.

Hopefully the new ones will come with a 1x7 CHF pencil profile barrel.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 5:14:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#24]
Originally Posted By TheMercenary:

That's news to me.  The main reason I never bought an ACR is BM was only offering a 1x9 M4 profile barrel from the factory.  

I remember a lot of people on here having aftermarket AR barrels fitted to the ACR, but that's something I refused to do for a "premium" rifle right off the shelf.

Hopefully the new ones will come with a 1x7 CHF pencil profile barrel.
View Quote

From 2016 to the end of production in 2019 they had 4150 CHF nitrided pencil barrels with a 1:7 twist. They ditched the 1:9 twist before they got rid of the m4 profile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top