Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2016 8:53:32 PM EDT
Why hasn't the ACR evolved into what it was always supposed to be?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
lack of factory support
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Shrubmaster........
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote
What do you mean, precisely?

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is the ACR stuck in its design - instead of being the Masada or Remington ACR.

Why has Bushmaster and post-bushmaster Remington not produced what people actually want?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]
It's easier to sell 1000 ar15's than 250 acr's. The people on top don't see the Acr as needing upgrades. I'm working to change that.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why is the ACR stuck in its design - instead of being the Masada or Remington ACR.

Why has Bushmaster and post-bushmaster Remington not produced what people actually want?
View Quote
You know, SIG caught a ton of shit (and rightfully so) for the whole Gen1/Gen2 MPX thing. Minor changes, but had BIIIIIIIIG consequences to production and customer loyalty and now there's two generations of mags and uppers and blah blah blah.

Forget the Masada, the BACR *is* the evolution of the Masada and that's that.

As for the Remington ACR...what's it got that "people actually want" that will sell any more ACR's than are currently being sold? A cool looking handguard that is, ultimately, not really any more functional than the stock one (and also not any better than what the aftermarket currently provides)? Or is it the magnesium lower that will create two tiers of ACR? Yeah, that's what the ACR really needs: More expense and more fracturing of it's product line. Caliber conversions? Like the 6.8 that I can't buy at walmart and everyone knows doesn't work well with the ACR? (it exists, there's a reason you can't buy it.) Different barrel profile? I mean I think M203 cut barrels are dumb as hell but nobody's bitching about Colt putting them on 6920's.  Lighter trunnion? See SIG example above. Folding charging handle? See SIG. And even if Bushmaster did aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall that...what do you think the impact on ACR sales would be? Bet it wouldn't even be a statistical burp.

So I'm gonna ask you again: What do you mean?

In my opinion about the only thing that I think bushmaster NEEDS to do for the ACR is:

Make it cheaper

Market it better

Sell a pistol

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
You know what I mean, no need to continue asking a question you already have a response to. We obviously don't see the ACR in the same light. You can stick with the outdated gun Bushmaster sells, and I'll still not be a buyer due to what it lacks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Nah man, I am legitimately interested. What's it lack? You haven't actually said.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
All I'd like for my ACR is the AK lower in 7.62 and 5.45, and obviously the bolts and barrels. I have the XCR in 5.56 and 7.62 conversion, and the asc mags work ok, frankenmags work the best. And my LWRC in 5.45 is fun too, but having what was hyped about the ACR / Masada would've been awesome.
All that said, other than being front heavy which is solved with an sbr stamp or barrel re-profiling, the ACR is pretty great the way it is. At this point, they could do away with the quick detach barrels and drop the price, and probably sell more based on the other features it has and looks alone.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

All I'd like for my ACR is the AK lower in 7.62 and 5.45, and obviously the bolts and barrels. I have the XCR in 5.56 and 7.62 conversion, and the asc mags work ok, frankenmags work the best. And my LWRC in 5.45 is fun too, but having what was hyped about the ACR / Masada would've been awesome.

View Quote
I  mean, I saw the FW episode too, that would be pretty sick. However, I don't think it would really work all that well. Without positive stops in the upper for the mag, ugh, I'd hate to see what an over-inserted AK mag would look like in an ACR! Yowza! Still, I think that was always a bit of a pipe dream, as much as I'd love to see it too. I think that's about the only thing the "Masada" had that the ACR doesn't. Still, I bet the aftermarket could take care of it, if there was demand.

Best thing that could happen to the ACR, in my opinion, is for bushmaster to say "Screw it!" and just release the TDP for the ACR and let any manufacturer who wanted churn one out, without worrying about being sued. Never happen, of course, but it's not like the parts of an ACR are all that complicated. Still, I think Magpul retains the rights after their licensing with bushmaster runs out, so maybe there's hope...
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Still, I think Magpul retains the rights after their licensing with bushmaster runs out, so maybe there's hope...
View Quote
What 2032? We'll have plasma rifles by then. 
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What 2032? We'll have plasma rifles by then. 
View Quote
Well then maybe the Adaptive Combat Rifle will have a 40W Directed Energy conversion kit released by magpul... :-p 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top