Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2018 9:24:22 PM EDT
FYI, over on the ACR forum, they're gearing up for another run of aluminum trunions
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I am really torn if I want to go down that road or not...
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Any particular reason why?  I know its expensive but beyond that, its a third of a pound (awesome) and perceivably better accuracy via tighter tolerances.

Has anyone done an actual accuracy comparison?
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any particular reason why?  I know its expensive but beyond that, its a third of a pound (awesome) and perceivably better accuracy via tighter tolerances.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I recognize all the benefits... but it would end up costing me a lot more:

My barrel is 14.5 pin and welded... SO... to get the new castle nut, I'd have to have that redone or get another barrel (and then have a useless one... or sell it, whatever).

Plus, I also recently just replaced my locking plunger (I had one of the EARLY (sub #70 serial number ) ones with the bad heat treatment).

So... honestly, If I did buy the trunion... I'd probably buy a whole 'nother rifle to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I cant argue with your logic bud.

Sounds like you need a second ACR. :P
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sounds like you need a second ACR. :P
View Quote
That's my plan.  Buy another and convert to either 6.8 or x39
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
~$400 for 5oz savings? Eesh.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
~$400 for 5oz savings? Eesh.
View Quote
I think it was closer to 7oz total loss after the QD barrel nut and handle. Not cheap, but it was worth it to me
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
If you plan on doing barrel conversions it helps a lot.  12 dollars for a barrel nut versus 100 for the lock ring assembly helps too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top