Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2017 4:06:08 AM EDT
I just traded my father for a newer Mini-14 Tactical with black folding stock he purchased I want to say sometime after 2011. Anyway I hate this stock on it and was wondering if it is possible to fit this with the wooden/stainless folding stock the AC556 had.

If not any other good stock recommendations? I was probably looking into a hogue one if it is not possible to do the above.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The AC-556 stock will fit, but they are rare and sell for big buck - as in the $700-800 range.

Butler Creek made a superb folding stock for the Mini-14 but it is no longer produced.  It locks up solid and offers a good sight picture with iron sights.   You can still find them new, but they'll be gone soon so I'd jump on one if you come across one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Choate Machine and tool makes a nice folder for the Mini-14...
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome stock (if you can find one) but pricey is the Clyde Armory SCAR stock. Can get with or without folding adapter.   They might be around $700 these days for just the stock.

Here’s an old pic with an AC556 from GB to give a visual
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/722827476
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
@Rhinelandarms

You could probably make a near copy of the Ruger stock, maybe even for 10/22 or PC9...
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If you can find a Falcon Folding stock, it will fit and is very similar to the factory stock with the exception of the pistol grip. I bought one for my GB and it works well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top