Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2021 3:34:02 PM EDT
Any good?  

Mainly for range toys, but I don’t like getting frustrated by a wrong purchase.  

How about those KCI magazines?

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
GTG with a little fitting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got 4 KCI that run like they were German. The company has good CS as they had to replace two of mine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had any issue with AC or KCI. The finish isn't HK but functionally, I'd be lying if I said my HKs had been more reliable.

My clone is a range toy and doesn't see the type of abuse my ARs get, so I can't comment on how they perform under hard use/inclement weather/etc.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
My experience with the AC Unity mags in both the 30 and 40 round version is they will not run hollow points.

I have 700ish rounds through the 4 I have and when I tried them with the Berrys 124 Hybrid HP, they would jam every other round. Factory and KCI ate it like candy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
AC Unity mags 30 and 40 round mags all had feeding issues in my PTR 9CT.  Ended up with a lot of 2 live rounds trying to feed at the same time.  It would occur after firing about 3/4 of the mag.  I assume it's due to weak springs.  Not an expert so that's just my opinion.  I may have to try different ammo, I was using Montana 115 HP's.  Will have to try other ammo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've also had some feed issues with the 3 ac mags I have. I was using them during break in on a ptr 9ct.

After a few hundred rounds they are still causing some malfunctions but appeared to be fewer. I still have hope they can be made reliable.
They fit the Magwell perfect but other have had to sand them down.

Kci's I only have 1. Fit and functioned well with the exception that if only 1 round is in the mag, it'll fall out.

Ets Feel & look cheap. But I haven't had any reliability issues with them. I personally wouldn't use them for anything besides range use and don't plan on them lasting years.

H&K have performed the best and built well.

I would try 1 of each to see what works. It appears the mag well specs very greatly from manufacturer. Pick up a few for range use then get a few H&K to stash just incase they disappear.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]
KCI Gen 2 have been 100% in my clones.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered 3 30s and 3 40s.

Hoping they work well enough to be cheap beater/disposable range mags.

Then my pile of 25 German mags can just go to the SHTF stash.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:06:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I have yet to have any issues with the 4 30rd mags I have.  I forgot where I got the idea (I think here) to swap out the AC Unity followers with ETS mag ones, maybe that is a factor in why I have yet to have any issues?!

I had to call or Email ETS to order them and they were $1 each (I bought 6 and gave 2 to my brother who has also had not had any issues with his 2) plus shipping.

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have yet to have any issues with the 4 30rd mags I have.  I forgot where I got the idea (I think here) to swap out the AC Unity followers with ETS mag ones, maybe that is a factor in why I have yet to have any issues?!

I had to call or Email ETS to order them and they were $1 each (I bought 6 and gave 2 to my brother who has also had not had any issues with his 2) plus shipping.

View Quote
Hmmm...  I reached out to ETS to ask about buying followers and they said, "I am sorry, we do not sell our followers."
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#12]
So these were a no-go in my SP5s.  They take several solid whacks to get to lock in even empty.

It seems they hang up even before the square area that people say to relieve for better fit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hmmm...  I reached out to ETS to ask about buying followers and they said, "I am sorry, we do not sell our followers."
View Quote

That's odd.  I told them I wanted them for spares for the 6 ETS MP5 mags I had and they said it wouldn't be a problem.  Maybe they changed their policy?

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So these were a no-go in my SP5s.  They take several solid whacks to get to lock in even empty.

It seems they hang up even before the square area that people say to relieve for better fit.
View Quote

Did you file or sand on that pad that is there?  Mine would not seat until I sanded/filed on that.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you file or sand on that pad that is there?  Mine would not seat until I sanded/filed on that.

View Quote

No.  I'll fuck around with trying to fit them at some later date.  They hang up before that pad even makes contact though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I think I brushed mine with sandpaper, there was a molding line on the back or two.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any good?  

Mainly for range toys, but I don’t like getting frustrated by a wrong purchase.  

How about those KCI magazines?

View Quote

Junk.

Not single one I have tried fits any factory MP5 I have tried them in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think I brushed mine with sandpaper, there was a molding line on the back or two.
View Quote

Glad I only bought 6.  Oh well, I guess for cheap disposable hard use range mags the search continues.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Junk.

Not single one I have tried fits any factory MP5 I have tried them in.
View Quote

I have two gen2 mags that fit and run perfectly in my SP89. They are actually easier to insert than HK mags
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Could be just my PTR but KCI gen2s even won’t function in my ptr9.  Round noses up.

Functions perfectly with HK mags.  Going to buy some AC mags and try them out
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#21]
SO the AC-unity magazines seem to function in my PTR-9C.  Lock up super snug but slide in without sanding if the bolts locked open.

And the gun functions fine....but the feedlips are slowing the bolt speed down DRASTICALLY.  I expect it to jam though it hasn't for 4 magazines worth.  

I don't suppose sanding that front pad down would "lower" the magazine at all?  that just affects friction locking it in?

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought 2 30's and 2 40's.  Won't begin to insert in a POF, a Zenith, 2 QC10 QC5 receivers and a New Frontier C5.  Junk is an understatement.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought 2 30's and 2 40's.  Won't begin to insert in a POF, a Zenith, 2 QC10 QC5 receivers and a New Frontier C5.  Junk is an understatement.
View Quote
They're meant to be fit. I wouldn't call them junk. Function after fitting trumps everything else.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They're meant to be fit. I wouldn't call them junk. Function after fitting trumps everything else.
View Quote

That's a shitty design flaw.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine are tight in a PTR-9, but feed snapcaps just fine. My KCI Gen 2s work great as well with real ammo.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#26]
For the price I bought 3.  Worse case they can be range mags.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As opposed to how floppy German mags can be?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If there were only German guns out there were I would agree.

But with the multitude of clones available and mag well tolerances being what they are among said clones, I think it was a smart move on Unity's part - fit the mag to your gun and be done.

And as always... YMMV.
View Quote

Magazines aren't supposed to be custom fit parts.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well you should stay away from MDT mags, then...  just hope that you don't ever use any SA 223 AICS mag fed rifles then...
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

AC Unity are.

And considering ghilliebear2000 had a hand in their development, I'll buy them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top