BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2019 2:50:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice... advertisement?

It's a nice knife but a $400 sheath is borderline hilarious, at least to me.  To each his own.  I've paid more than $400 for a quality knife so i'm not scoffing at it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Huh...
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice... advertisement?

It's a nice knife but a $400 sheath is borderline hilarious, at least to me.  To each his own.  I've paid more than $400 for a quality knife so i'm not scoffing at it.
View Quote
Looks like it's milled from billet, which kinda explains that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Looks like it's milled from billet, which kinda explains that.
View Quote
I've seen how it's made.  It's very nice.  Like I said, to each his own.  I can buy another Glock for $400.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've seen how it's made.  It's very nice.  Like I said, to each his own.  I can buy another Glock for $400.
View Quote
Then you’d have a gun to a knife holster.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:33:53 AM EDT
[#8]
"Perfect combat knife?"

Before anyone goes full on about the sheath - don't forget there is a lot of support for optics that cost as much as the weapon they are mounted on.

and the biggest complaint for most Ontario buyers of a certain field and pioneering knife is the lack of a good sheath, which just happens to be on of their originators main strengths - ESEE supplies well made sheaths.

There are lots of good things in this design yet I have no doubt it will be modded by owners to make it "better," however, the lack of certain ostentatious features gets a lot of respect, too. Having already purchased a "perfect combat knife" repeatedly in the past, and like tens of thousands of owners who store them in the sock drawer, I will leave this one to the professionals.

How many perfect combat knives are there? That list is about to post up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You could, but then you'd have a Glock in each hand, and the knife would have to be held in your teeth... sooner or later you'll want a sheath for it.

Since you can only carry one Glock in each hand, if you already have two the sheath makes way more sense.

The billet aluminum sheath is optional- the knife is available with a leather sheath and there may be a Kydex sheath available as well.
View Quote
You strap a cheap kydex sheath on it and now we are talking.  I'd spend good money on a good knife.  A sheath means nothing to me.  If you're happy though, i'm happy for you.  You've got what seems to be a good knife.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Knife does look good.  As to the sheath, it's expensively made.  Most would probably get the knife and have a custom sheath made a little cheaper.  Just my observations on sheaths.  It's the most overlooked aspect of a knife and just as important as the blade.  If it's not a comfortable sheath to wear, you likely won't have the blade on you when you need it.  If it's not designed to integrate onto your gear, same issue.  If it's not secure, your $400 knife will end up missing after your first tumble.  If it's not safe, you could end up losing your leg.  If it's not easily accessible from (and easily put back in) the sheath, it becomes a liability when you need it most.  I could go on, but a quality sheath that does more than just serve as pants for your blade is money well spent.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks cool.

I don't see anything that knife could do that my ESSE-6 couldn't, and I could buy a half dozen ESEE-6s for that price.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one with the leather sheath and I got it on sale for less than 400.

No way I'm paying for a sheath that costs as much as the knife and does nothing but house the blade.
If it made fire and converted to a camp stove or turned into an ax or something, maybe but as it is, nope.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome knife
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I won one of these in the Geissele Plinko this year.
I would agree with Ed's review.

If I had to pick up one knife from my collection and go with it to fight to the death this would be it.
The sheath itself is a work of art. The way it latches the blade in makes sure it will never fall out accidentally.

I see this as more of a combat knife.
Esee is more of a camp/bushcraft/survival knife.

Is it worth the money? Maybe.

It's certainly worth what I have in it. I'm very grateful to have won this excellent blade.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#16]
That's pretty sweet looking.

...would've put a glass breaker on the pommel though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's pretty sweet looking.

...would've put a glass breaker on the pommel though.
View Quote
It does have one. Watch the video where he guts a Ford Explorer with it.
He explains his glass breaker design and how to use it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top