Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2022 4:50:19 PM EDT
https://www.facebook.com/ABNightVision/videos/here-is-a-teaser-preview-of-a-new-system-we-are-coming-out-with-the-first-protot/349615453644444/

Having owned the panobridge (and experienced how well it works) , I’m not surprised that pano/panning NV is becoming more popular. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a standard feature on many other bino housings in the future

They appear to be making the mod3B pods or adapters for the RPNVG as well, which really interests me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

They appear to be making the mod3B pods or adapters for the RPNVG as well, which really interests me.
View Quote

I hope so, I might just be super interested in an upgrade from Mod3B. =)
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Mod 3 B already. Might be interesting to see if I can take the pods I currently have and use that bridge.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Mod 3 B already. Might be interesting to see if I can take the pods I currently have and use that bridge.
View Quote

looking forward to this as well. would love to have this as an option
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Curious what the price will be compared to the normal RNVG (tubes being equal that is).
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow. This appears to solve a couple big dilemmas for me with the option to use the mono adapter until I can put the rest of the system together as funds allow.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Curious as well, although I'd much rather an articulating bridge with auto off features! Been thinking of upgrading my Mod 3 to a Katana.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Any pics for us FUBook haters?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Curious as well, although I'd much rather an articulating bridge with auto off features! Been thinking of upgrading my Mod 3 to a Katana.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've looked at the Katana and know the guy that makes it. The push button on/off is not something I'm sold on. I prefer a rotary switch so I can tell visually it is off before I put batteries in it. Not knocking the Katana at all, it's just not for me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any pics for us FUBook haters?
View Quote

Intro -

Operation -
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Does NOT work with existing MOD-3 or MOD-3B pods.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does NOT work with existing MOD-3 or MOD-3B pods.

View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Id like to see an articulating pano option, that has the solid return to zero.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:11:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cost is projected to be comparable to the DTNVS.

As others have said, monocular adapters will not be compatible with the MOD-3/MOD-3B.

~Augee
View Quote

Will the monoculars/mono adapters be released for sale concurrently with the whole bino?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#15]
A couple of things here. I too am fascinated by the pano option but if my luck holds it will probably end up being a big nothing burger.  Dunno.  You pay a lot of money to get optics that aren't distorted around the edges, and then you set up your NV to be distorted around the edges.  I am missing something?    

On the rotary switch.  Just realize that's actually a point of failure on any mechanism; you're much better off with a totally enclosed push-button.  One of the first things to get fucked up on a -14 is, you guessed it, the rotary knob.  Drop it, and it will automatically self-align to land on it.  I plan on getting that new digi batt pack for the -14.  Not only becasue of this, but as Will pointed out, with a Noisefighter's (pano) bridge and two batt packs, you can get a set of -14's close to binos in weight.

But not to jack thread, if they make a new pano bridge it should be back-wards compatible, IMHO.   I mean, C'mon, man.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I see that ACTInBlack has a new, lighter housing. I hope the market demands more improvements in weight of all configurations.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
 You pay a lot of money to get optics that aren't distorted around the edges, and then you set up your NV to be distorted around the edges.  I am missing something?    
View Quote

What I can add to the conversation is based on my time with the panobridge…

Many people talk about that as being a big detractor, looking through the tube at an angle and just seeing blurriness & edge distortion.

In actual use, it’s all clear and not noticeably distorted until about the last 5-10 degrees of travel when angling them out. I wasn’t using great tubes either, just Omni7s.

Easy to test for yourself with 1 or 2 handheld 14s. See how far you can go without issues. A little angle goes a long way visually. Easier to understand if you have two available to try in hand.

For people looking to try them, just stop thinking about using them to get all 75 degrees. It’s more like 60-65 that is extremely usable and comfortable. Doesn’t seem like much until you experience it for yourself. Going from 40-60 feels more natural and find myself not scanning around as much.

Degrees mention here are based on the panobridge, I’m unsure what the RPNVG max angle is
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Gotcha, yeah it's definitely a technique I'm a-gonna play with, as soon as a swipe my buddy's -14's.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gotcha, yeah it's definitely a technique I'm a-gonna play with, as soon as a swipe my buddy's -14's.
View Quote

I can see the merit of this bridge. I tend to run my binos spread apart by setting the IP distance so I can't see the inner edge of the image intensifier. I feel like I get a little bit more of a field of view this way and I don't seem to notice any loss of resolution.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like you can set the angle that they snap out to from one of the videos? Can anyone confirm this?
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wow. This appears to solve a couple big dilemmas for me with the option to use the mono adapter until I can put the rest of the system together as funds allow.
View Quote

^
This here was based on the assumption that monoculars and adapters would be released as individual units. Christian from AB says this is not the case.

I can't be the only one who thought this would be a brilliant idea on AB's part to snag some people that are in the PVS-14 market while simultaneously getting them invested in their innovative new "system" of panning binoculars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top