Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2023 11:12:21 PM EDT
Anybody have one? How does it perform in respect to leading 22 cans?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one.....in jail. Shot a friends Little Bird on my CZ bolt gun and the firing pin click is louder. Several YouTube reviews on them. Hoping mine gets approved in the next 30 days or so.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked mine up.  Will shoot today for science.  My other .22 can is a Sparrow.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I played with one a few weeks ago, but didn't get to shoot it. A pretty cool idea although I'm not sure how the "self cleaning" feature would work with a lot of carbon build up.

I'm sure the threads are much coarser than regular stuff we are used to, but we've all tried to thread a bolt into some gunked up threads and we all know how well that went.

The other thing that I see that could be a potential headache is baffle spacing. You find a spacing you're happy with and now you have to meausre every baffle when you put it back together (im sure this is a minor inconvenience at most). I also wonder if the baffles shift forward or backwards (before the can gets gunked up), since there's nothing to keep them held in place.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked mine up.  Will shoot today for science.  My other .22 can is a Sparrow.
View Quote

How did it sound?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine out of jail and have about 200 rounds through it. CCI Quiets in my bolt gun are mouse fart quiet. Click of the firing pin and the thud of the bullet on target are louder than the muzzle report. Ran it on my S&W Victory and the action makes more sound than the shot. Threads on the baffles are pretty coarse and I put dielectric grease on the baffles before I shot it, so I think cleaning will not be an issue. Less than 3 oz weight, so I don't really notice that it's on the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had one for about a month now. Overall I like the can, it was a near perfect match for its only host so far, 4.5" 10/22 SBR. If the can were a tiny bit fatter the barrel would look integrally suppressed.

As for performance, it's on par with the rugged mustangs and YHM phantom I have. I hear a tiny bit of FRP, in line with the others but maybe a touch louder with the little bird, this is very subjective though. Once the oxygen is burnt off, they all sound the same to my ear This is from listening to all of them from a short distance away. if I'm the shooter, action noise drowns out any FRP.. no issues using it direct thread either, stays tight so far.

Cleaning has not been an issue. I've cleaned it 2 times without any difficulty. Probably 300-500 rds thru between cleanings. I do coat the baffles and inside the tube with Permatex 24125. All the baffles have come right out, Acetone with a stiff nylon brush knocks the crud and left over Permatex right off followed by hot water with a squirt of dawn dish soap for a final brushing then rinse. Dry, reapply the Permatex and assemble. I have not played with baffle spacing, the factory baffle tool has an etched line for each baffle depth, I've just put them back at pretty much the same factory spot each time.

My only complaint would be the tool. IF you mis place it, getting the baffles out would be a bitch!
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the info. Glad to hear they put in baffle marks. Ill also have to check that grease out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top