Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2018 8:42:46 AM EDT
Just in case you ladies have not seen this....!!

Marlin 1894 Ti-rant Package

I like it, but $2300..........  Dang!

Later,
D
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
MAYBE if it were re barreled with a faster twist rate and the action was worked over to be reliable and bomb proof.  But even then.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
They want make more handi rifles because they don't sell well, but this will?
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
1894's can be picked up for $500-700.
A Ti-rant 45 is $450.
AAC wants you to pay double?

Guess that sounds about right
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
More importantly, why only 6 rounds?  
My 16 inch holds 8 magnum and either 8 or 9 special rounds.

Edit: I shoot 270gr subsonic from mine, they stabilize fine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MAYBE if it were re barreled with a faster twist rate and the action was worked over to be reliable and bomb proof.  But even then.
View Quote
I’m really not sure why they never changed the twist.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to take a hard pass on that one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 1:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Twist it not the problem, but the Ballard rifled barrel's it's isntead.

Hence in a cast bullet, you have to size the 44 mag bullets to .432~.433" to allow them get a good hold and keep that hold on the shallow groove rifling isntead.  It was the same problem with the Micro grooved barrels as well.
Note, pushing 270gr PC hard cast bullets (no gas check) sized at .432" @ 1800fps, and getting 1" groups at 100 yards through my worked rifle: with no leading as well. the ballard rifle barrel  will stablize a full 310s with gas check is over sized correctly, but even more of hand full when pushed isntead.  My fun loads for all around plinking at the same 270 PC bullet at .432" but only pushed to 1200fps isntead (to save my shoulder since the gun is very light to begin with,and after a hand full of full loads, your going to start to feel in your shoulder instead).

As for the rest of rifle, if the action and trigger has not been gone through to do an action/trigger job on the rifle, your dealing with a complete shit show instead.  On the Remlin 1894 I picked up last year, when I pulled the hammer (it's a MIN part), the ledge of sear production grinding for the shelf left a ton of edge burs so bad, I had to mill re-cut the sear edge and surface to clean up the ton of burs. The trigger sear was no joy as well with burs, but it stoned up clean on a just a jig instead.

As for the less rounds in the mag, take a good look at the mag tube, and you can see that is has been been back shortened, and it moved back towards the receiver (with it's barrel band cut out in tow).  So when the barrrel was shorted and threaded down to 16" (from the 20 it comes stock), the barrel was re-bottom cut for the the barrel band in the new rearward location instead.

As for the XS sights, the aperture does not come threaded for a Skinner aperture, but not the end of the work changing it out to a tanner the same time you order one of his apertures as well.

As for the big loop lever, not my thing, and would have been better off with med loop isntead.
Note, for faster cycling on a worked action, small stock loop with leather wrap is about the fastest, with your pinky finger out of the loop instead.

Stock on top, med on the bottom,
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/P3060325-920x613.jpg
View Quote
I have this Lever on my 1895G.  I really like this one vs all the "Large Loops" out there!  I have a Win94 trapper in .44mag that has a factory large loop and I do not care for it....  I have not shot the Win since I bought it a few years back.  I prefer my Marlin 1894P in .44mag.

Later,
D
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:14:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm really just waiting for the 1894CST Trapper. 357Mag 16" Threaded
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As for the XS sights, the aperture does not come threaded for a Skinner aperture, but not the end of the work changing it out to a tanner the same time you order one of his apertures as well.
View Quote
XS Threaded Sparture 7/32-40 Which according to skinner will work with their aps.
I'm not saying don't switch to skinner, just pointing out you can swap in an xs if you like.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm really just waiting for the 1894CST Trapper. 357Mag 16" Threaded
View Quote
You and me both. Almost 6 months and counting and still haven't seen an in stock anywhere
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I just don't get a rifle in a pistol caliber .Let me get this straight , you hump around a rifle to shoot a underpowered pistol caliber instead of a rifle with a more powerful and longer range rifle caliber that is about the same size and weight IMHO the Marlin 1895 is the go to lever action and the 4570 is the caliber.

If you want to run a can the 45acp pistol is the way to go .
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just don't get a rifle in a pistol caliber .Let me get this straight , you hump around a rifle to shoot a underpowered pistol caliber instead of a rifle with a more powerful and longer range rifle caliber that is about the same size and weight IMHO the Marlin 1895 is the go to lever action and the 4570 is the caliber.

If you want to run a can the 45acp pistol is the way to go .
View Quote
Fun
Cost
Capacity
And depending on desired usage maybe a much better fit.

If you can’t understand that there’s probably nothing we can do for you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Is suppressing a .44 really the same effect as a.357/.38?  I wondered why they went .44.  It doesn’t even seem they make factory subsonic.44 rounds.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is suppressing a .44 really the same effect as a.357/.38?  I wondered why they went .44.  It doesn’t even seem they make factory subsonic.44 rounds.
View Quote
Almost any cowboy load will be subsonic. It will also be uncoated lead usually so that's no good. Most 44 special loads are also subsonic.

I am not sure what your first question means. Tons of people shoot suppressed 44's and they can launch a much heavier bullet than their 357 counterparts. Problem with these rifles is the twist wont stabilize the really heavy bullets so it's a odd duck for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top