Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 12:06:41 AM EDT
Title says it all.  Looking at one of these cans to go on a 10.3 5.56.  Can get the Turbo for about $100 less than the AAC.  Has anybody fired both of these on a shorter setup?  If so, which one is more quiet?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Another factor, and not one I can answer: which one handles blowback better?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]
All cans suck for blowback on an AR.

Every can I've tried that calimed to reduce blowback...still had tons of blowback.

Get the can that works best and then do what you can with a charging handle and so on.

When it comes to AR cans, the M42K is a solid performer.  At the pricepoint, there is nothing close to it.

It is quiet, uber durable, doesn't carbon lock, and has minimal POI shift for a QD can.

On the down side, some people don't like the ping sound with the 3 prong mounts and some people don't like the slight wobble.  I have about 5 mounts...my 2K wobbles a bit on a couple unless I leave them dirty.  It doesn't affect POI or similar.

I am happy with my M42K.  It is a good can.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Well that didn't take long.  With Brownell's sale, 10% coupon, and another 7% with Activejunky, I got an M4-2000 for about $377 shipped.  Now for another wait.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]
the turbo isnt rated down to 10.3"
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Turbo is rated to 10.5".
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
YHM has the best QD mounts in the business. Ugly, but simple, reliable, and foolproof.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
YHM has the best QD mounts in the business. Ugly, but simple, reliable, and foolproof.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well that didn't take long.  With Brownell's sale, 10% coupon, and another 7% with Activejunky, I got an M4-2000 for about $377 shipped.  Now for another wait.
View Quote
I was about to pull the trigger on that as well.  I know its probably documented, but what are  the steps:

1)  Make purchase from Brownells - giving them your FFL
2)  Have FFL forward their license information to Brownells
3)  My FFL fills out form 3 and sends to ATF
4) Five weeks later the ATF sends the form to Brownells
5)  Brownells then ships to my FFL
6)  My FFL calls me and I go fill out form 4
7)  I wait 6 mths for my FFL to call me
8)  I pickup my suppressor from FFL

???
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was about to pull the trigger on that as well.  I know its probably documented, but what are  the steps:

???
View Quote
Pretty much.  It didn’t give me an option at checkout to select a FFL, so I just emailed my FFL with the order number and asked for them to send a copy of their license to Brownell’s.  I use SilencerShop’s Form 4 service.  So the Form 3 is usually pretty quick to be approved, but some places send an email with the S/N and other info so you can go ahead and start the Form 4.  I believe my last Form 4 took about 7 months.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

???
View Quote
For the most part you got the process there correct.

6 months might be optomistic on the wait.  It could be shorter but most likely will be more like 7 to 9 months.  Your just at the mercy of the NFA branch on that one.  Also depending on your local dealer and or Brownells if they drag their feet along the process could add some additional time into that also.  But basically yes what you laid out is the process
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh wow. That's an incredible price, all things considered.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Crazy that a decent reliable AR + can + stamp costs around what an AR cost a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Suppressed 5.56mm tends to be tinny and noisy.

If you want a solution that sounds good, consider the M4-2000 for sale here on the web.

It has good back pressure characteristics and excellent hands-on back-ptresssure characteristics. Everything you need, nothing you don't! - M4-2000!

Mike Smith/AAC
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:40:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Suppressed 5.56mm tends to be tinny and noisy.

If you want a solution that sounds good, consider the M4-2000 for sale here on the web.

It has good back pressure characteristics and excellent hands-on back-ptresssure characteristics. Everything you need, nothing you don't! - M4-2000!

Mike Smith/AAC
View Quote
I’ll agree, many thousands of rounds later and most of it dedicated to a 10.5” host. Even better at today’s prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top