Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2020 10:16:11 AM EDT
So I'm a big snob about having only OEM parts on my SP5, but I'm curious what the difference is between a German made and US made A2 stock
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
bump

Wondering if anyone has the US stock and the difference between the two.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious how you identify a genuine Hk stock. I picked one up from Hk Specialst so I'm sure it's good I'm just curious.

Also should the stock have a wee bit of wiggle room?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The US stocks I’ve seen have had the sling plate on both sides. The HK stocks only have them on the left, at least the ones I’ve handled.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BabaYaga777:
I'm curious how you identify a genuine Hk stock. I picked one up from Hk Specialst so I'm sure it's good I'm just curious.

Also should the stock have a wee bit of wiggle room?
View Quote

I’ve wondered if the polymers have felt any different. I really hope neither have wiggle, especially of they are new.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking at used HKs A2 stocks. Anyone bought used stocks and do they loosen over time? I would think so, but I know nothing about HK parts, this is my first MP5.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a used german a2 stock and have a US made one. Don't know if its across the board but US stock has a rubber backing plate where german stock has steel plate. Both look and fit about the same with slight wobble.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Anglo:
I bought a used german a2 stock and have a US made one. Don't know if its across the board but US stock has a rubber backing plate where german stock has steel plate. Both look and fit about the same with slight wobble.
View Quote

Thank you Anglo. If they both have a wobble then I’ll probably op for whatever is cheapest.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The POF A2 stocks seem to get good reviews if you are just looking to save money.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]
My Hk stock polymer seems to be identical to the forend and lower, does have a wee bit of wobble but ive only noticed it when I picked it up by the stock. Near as I can tell the buttplate is polymer though
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
The US stock does not have the metal plate inside that makes contact with the bolt carrier, it has some kind of polymer. This is supposed to be good for 40 and 10mm. Externally it looks the same except for the square shape on the side opposite the sling attachment and the buttplate area. It also has a MM logo denoting it is made by Michael's Machines. Compared to an HK stock, the US stock does not fit as tight on the receiver as it has a bit of movement.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#11]
idk but someone please sell me german A3 non F stock
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FuzzyNet:
The US stock does not have the metal plate inside that makes contact with the bolt carrier, it has some kind of polymer. This is supposed to be good for 40 and 10mm. Externally it looks the same except for the square shape on the side opposite the sling attachment and the buttplate area. It also has a MM logo denoting it is made by Michael's Machines. Compared to an HK stock, the US stock does not fit as tight on the receiver as it has a bit of movement.
View Quote

Oh I gotcha. The butt is polymer but the end plate inside is metal on mine
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an older US made(Todd Bailey) A2 stock. It has a very slight wobble and has the metal plate inside. Has the sling mounts on each side. Seems of good quality, no complaints at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:51:38 AM EDT
[#14]
My a2 stocks from the 60s/70s have zero wobble
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Yikes, the point and benefit of a fixed stock is absolutely zero wobble.  I wouldn't be happy with an HK made stock with wobble, and would be trying to WECSOG a solution to unwobble it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By whoanelly:
Yikes, the point and benefit of a fixed stock is absolutely zero wobble.  I wouldn't be happy with an HK made stock with wobble, and would be trying to WECSOG a solution to unwobble it.
View Quote

You have to make an effort to move it, its not like it rattles if you shake it or anything
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, mine is the same. You have to hold the receiver tight and grab the buttplate of the stock and try to move it. It doesn’t rattle at all. You’d never know it handling the gun. It takes some effort to feel it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#18]
To update I received a POF A2 stock brand new and it locks up very tight. Great stock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I'm a big snob about having only OEM parts on my SP5, but I'm curious what the difference is between a German made and US made A2 stock
View Quote

I think (correct me if I am wrong here) The German ones have the steel insert and production date stamp on butt. Got mine on EE. Shot it today beautiful stock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know if these are actually German HK stocks? Pretty light on description.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1574150

Their OOF collapsible stock listing is clearly labeled as POF:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1046970
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone know if these are actually German HK stocks? Pretty light on description.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1574150

Their OOF collapsible stock listing is clearly labeled as POF:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1046970
View Quote

Says POF yet they use a picture of a German HK stock?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top