Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2021 9:49:39 AM EDT
Am looking for a fake supressor / barrel extensioin for an H&K MP 5 clone.  The barrel does not have the threaded adaptor just the standard MP 5 tri lug barrel.  Are there any that can be locked on the tri lugs, snug fit not flopping about,  and then pinned.  Probably Aluminum not steel construction
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There's really no need for it to interface with the lugs. Normally the ID is simply matched to be an "interference" fit around the end of the barrel (forward of the lugs), and it's hammered on and pinned/welded.

This fake suppressor can have a rebate, or hollow area to cover the 3-lug. This looks better, and is probably the look you're going for.

That's how Special Weapons and Bobcat did it. Typically theirs didn't survive removal (being so tight, they were commonly split with a Dremel).

Anybody with a lathe should be able to turn one from bar stock fairly easily. I don't know of a readily-available production model.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:41:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Attachment Attached File

So it looks like none of them have a spring (or least not the bottom 2) and their claim to fame is that you can pin & weld the outer tube to the threaded "3-lug grabber" piece and therefore not have to drill a blind hole into the barrel (lug). Pretty cool.

Alternatively, people who have removed the ones I described above have just filled in the hole in their lug with epoxy (or just left the hole there). It doesn't affect anything having a blind hole in a lug, except aesthetics.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
You could probably have a tube done with a thread pattern to match a 3 lug mount. A form 1 suppressor supplies website can probably provide that and then combine with your choice of mount (Rugged/SiCo or the growing 1.375 x 24 Omega thread pattern.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is one you can blind pin to a lug. Looks exactly like the one I removed from a SW or Bobcat when it was SBR’d back in 05’.
As stated above, it was split with a dremel.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/MP5-HK94-FAKE-SUPPRESSOR-BPP-107p3586.htm
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks gents, great info!
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif

So it looks like none of them have a spring (or least not the bottom 2) and their claim to fame is that you can pin & weld the outer tube to the threaded "3-lug grabber" piece and therefore not have to drill a blind hole into the barrel (lug). Pretty cool.

Alternatively, people who have removed the ones I described above have just filled in the hole in their lug with epoxy (or just left the hole there). It doesn't affect anything having a blind hole in a lug, except aesthetics.
View Quote

I have the TitleII arms fake can and it does NOT have a spring inside. you have to basically loosen the bottom, put it on the 3 lug mount, and screw it down to clamp it. i thought it actually had a spring/piston set up when i bought it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have the TitleII arms fake can and it does NOT have a spring inside.
View Quote
Yeah they seem to be intentionally vague on that.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:43:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Out of curiosity,why? You appear to be in Texas. Why not just run it without a can as an SBR or pistol, or get an actual can? What benefit do you gain from the faux suppressor? I’ve always personally found fake suppressors to be silly almost to the point of absurdity.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity,why? You appear to be in Texas. Why not just run it without a can as an SBR or pistol, or get an actual can? What benefit do you gain from the faux suppressor? I’ve always personally found fake suppressors to be silly almost to the point of absurdity.
View Quote

Yeah

I can't think of anything worse on a gun than a fake suppressor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top