Posted: 4/19/2021 4:54:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If i owned an X95 i would buy that in a heartbeat
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d buy that, but I have a first gen not an x95.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If i owned an X95 i would buy that in a heartbeat
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I’d try it. Looks great. Make one in OD
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks great. I will be in the market as soon as I own an x95(hopefully soon)
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, that's nice looking, I'd def put one on mine
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]
So this is less than half the weight of the stock forend?
Im really liking it.  The X95 is probably/hopefully going to be my next purchase soon.  I was pretty sure I was going to replace the stock forend with a cantilever forend, but this has me 2nd guessing that.  Tough choice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#9]
How large of a supressor will fit inside there if one were to SBR it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How large of a supressor will fit inside there if one were to SBR it?
View Quote

1.5 inch diameter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:37:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Just bought a x95 a few weeks ago and definitely would buy that when available.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#12]
You asked for feedback so.

1.  Best looking for end around so far
2.  Would look better and possibly feel better in the hands of it was less rounded, ie less thiccc
3.  Have the rail somehow mate to the top of the receiver so it doesn't look out of place (ie extend the top/handguard)
4. Maybe  implement a bigger shark fin type handstop at the bottom of the handguard and remove the mushroom tip

Obviously it sounds like I'm shitting on your product, but I'm not. Most of my feedback is cosmetic. from the sides it looks like absolute tits, but when looking at the front mushroom thing going on and when  seeing how's wide/rounded it is, it makes me a little uneasy.  Still though  glad you guys are still trying to find a way to make older platforms better.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Poster above has some pretty reasonable sounding feedback, imho. I don't have an X-95 so I am just spit-balling here. Product development is hard, so it's nice to see you making the effort for us consumers. Yay capitalism!

As for my random thoughts:
1) Is the single slot at 12 for a BUIS?
2) Is there a reason you could not have slots at intermediate positions (even in front of the charging handle appears to have enough room for a tac light)?
3) I don't mind the flared edge on the end so much, actually. I think if you made a bigger permanent hand stop, you might take away options from customers who want to use their own (or none at all).

That's all I could think of for the moment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#16]
im torn on the looks but if ya make one in odg i would probably give it a try. any plans to do one for sbrs?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered

Thanks Sven.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is 7.3 ounces, the OEM polymer forend is 9.9 ounces, so this one is 1.5" longer yet 2.3 ounces lighter.  

The OEM forend has waaaay too much bulk and plastic with the dual layer of handguard panels and picatinny underneath.  That is where the main weight savings is on this one.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Oh, okay. I was going by the product description of the AR height cantilever forend.  It says the OEM forend is 1lb 2.5 ounces.

ETA: I only just realized that weight probably includes the top rail along with the forend.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#19]
This greatly improves the aesthetics, IMO and makes the X95 an attractive looking rifle that retains (or actually gains) functionality.  That it gives more surface area and is lighter than the OEM is a wonderful plus.  If I had an X95, I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I will prepay man.... I have a black X95 and this is exactly what I am looking for. How much?...No seriously, how much?

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I bet I could chop the forearm and use on my SBR. The IDF factory round handguard doesn’t lock into the front of the top rail. May have to grab one of these.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Sven, please produce these and keep it polymer. I hate the feel of an aluminum hand guard and this is exactly what I have been looking for. I was serious when I said I’ll prepay.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sven, please produce these and keep it polymer. I hate the feel of an aluminum hand guard and this is exactly what I have been looking for. I was serious when I said I’ll prepay.
View Quote

They have them on their site.  I just ordered one.

https://manticorearms.com/product/x95-optimus-polymer-forend/
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks good
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just to answer a few of the comments on why things were done the way they were (there was purpose in every design decision):

1.  The flair at the front matches that of the original X95 round forend the Israelis used.  I kept it short enough on the underside that it would not block lights/lasers
2.  The front top M-LOK is for mounting a light or laser above the barrel, or for mounting a handstop for those that like the supinator magpul style grip on the gun.  This is also the reason the forend is a bit longer than the OEM.  (This was specifically from feedback from the IWI employees and training group)
3.  The round profile is meant to match the OEM Israeli round forend, but just add M-LOK on it.  It is not THICC, is the same width as all of the OEM X95 forends (round or the squarish one)
4.  For all practical purposes there is no way to mold slots at "intermediate positions" as molds come in from the sides- you can't mold an M-LOK slot properly on the angled surface.  Plus there is plenty of space to mount a light already, and I wanted it to have some style, not just be an M-LOK swiss cheese tube.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

Ah, this all makes perfectly good sense. Nicely done!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They have them on their site.  I just ordered one.

https://manticorearms.com/product/x95-optimus-polymer-forend/
View Quote

Ordered. Thanks Sven!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I ordered one Thursday night when I saw them drop on IG. Pretty stoked for these!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I ordered one Thursday night when I saw them drop on IG. Pretty stoked for these!
View Quote

Hell, I thought he was posting pictures of a prototype. I really need to start social media'ing. I'm stoked. My only complaint about the X95 is the stock handguard. I wanted a round polymer handguard that would provide more real estate but most importantly, allow a 12 O'Clock light mount. Sven delivers.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Just wanted to say that despite my criticism, I still purchased one. I like how it extends to almost the end of the rifle + surppressor compatible + still looks better than any other options available.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Sven, that looks amazing
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Soo.... how short can you cut/thread a 9mm barrel on an properly papered X95 and nest a 9mm can under this thing as a dedicated suppressed 9mm rig?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm interested. I want to get a folding charging handle also.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Ordered one. Wish they had one in FDE since my x95 is. But without the rail panels, it's black anyway.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ordered one. Wish they had one in FDE since my x95 is. But without the rail panels, it's black anyway.
View Quote

Mine too is FDE.
I just last month got my SBR 9mm put together.
I haven’t even fired it suppressed yet ( maybe Sunday)
Since last fall when I got the itch to do it there wasn’t a hand guard on the market that a suppressor could fit into for the X95 so I decided to go stock SBR look and bought a factory short top rail and short hand guard, and short buttplate from IWI.
I had a local shop cut the barrel, thread and notch the barrel like a factory 5.56 SBR barrel.
It came out nice except the different color FDE on the short hand guard bugs me. ( more butterscotch in color than rest)
I also kind of want the pistol grip instead of cutlas but was scared to get a FDE pistol grip because it would probably be a third FDE color which would bug me even more.
Here is mine as of today. (Except this photo was from before I installed my MA gasket cover.)
Attachment Attached File

So two days ago I ran across this thread and saw the greatness Sven came up with AGAIN!!!!
So off to photo shop I went.  Hope my photoshopping doesn’t offend you Sven.
If mine wasn’t already SBR’ed I wouldn’t want to alter it at all but I want it to be as short as possible when I am not suppressed.
Here is my Photoshopped version I hope to have soon:
Attachment Attached File

I photoshopped the top rail to match the normal rail length instead of my short SBR top rail.
Photoshopped the Viridian green laser hand stop that will now work thanks to Sven and M-lok.
Photoshopped on a black pistol grip (black would match Sven’s handgaurd and keep me from getting a third color of FDE)
Photoshopped cropping the end of Sven’s hand guard back assuming I can cut it back.
I would prefer it to be the length of the standard rail as the end of my tri-lug fits just inside that so in theory I can still shot it without can with my current barrel length.

Sven, do you think I can cut were I photoshopped without effecting the rigidity since it wouldn’t have the expanded area at the end?
Feel free to IM if you prefer.

I ordered mine today and can’t wait to get it.
Now have to wait for IWI to get more of the black pistol grips in stock.

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I received mine yesterday. Doesn't look bad at all.  I like how it's tad tighter fit than OEM.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:58:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Reading fail. Plz disregard
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Nice Sven.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Have spent the last couple of months working on a new polymer forend for the X95, something totally different from my X95 Cantilever forend, what do you think?  

Sven
Manticore Arms

https://i.imgur.com/TtsHH5v.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OcVU1hk.jpg

View Quote

@Manticore_Arms

Hey Sven, is that the 16" or 18" barrel pictured in the OP?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Svens pic and mine are 16”ers
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Have spent the last couple of months working on a new polymer forend for the X95, something totally different from my X95 Cantilever forend, what do you think?  

Sven
Manticore Arms

https://i.imgur.com/TtsHH5v.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OcVU1hk.jpg

View Quote

I need one. Any chance there will be FDE in the near future?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a feeling this is going to sell quite well. It looks very well executed. Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I have to say, this is by far the best feeling, tightest fitting handguard for the X95. It is exactly what I was looking for and to be honest, the X95 should come with this handguard from the factory. It completely changed the feel of the rifle and is far more ergonomic than the factory one.

Very well done Sven.

ETA: If you haven't sent one of these in to IWI yet Sven, you should. I think they would agree that this handguard is the way.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks great! Only thing I would add is a QD mount but maybe I'm the only sucker who still uses QD mounts.

I also just picked up the folding charging handle from you and it is fantastic, now I can throw the gun on my back and not have to worry about the charging handle jabbing me in the back!

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Great idea.  is it possible to include an aluminum heat shield?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have to say, this is by far the best feeling, tightest fitting handguard for the X95. It is exactly what I was looking for and to be honest, the X95 should come with this handguard from the factory. It completely changed the feel of the rifle and is far more ergonomic than the factory one.

Very well done Sven.

ETA: If you haven't sent one of these in to IWI yet Sven, you should. I think they would agree that this handguard is the way.....
View Quote

I know. Every non-AR rifle manufacturer should just partner with Manticore to have them build the furniture.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There is no need for a heat shield, the forend is extremely thermally resistant due to the polymer we used, and you actually want airflow to move through and around to keep the barrel cool.  

Putting a heat shield in just traps the heat and makes things worse in our testing and experience, and in my opinion is mainly done so companies can get away with really inexpensive polymers with low melting points like Nylon 6.

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

I was just thinking along the lines of A2 hand guards w/heat shields where they use convection to pull in cool air from the bottom and move the heated air out through the top holes

https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/tc3-22-9.pdf

page 2-13
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#50]
As soon as you make one in FDE I will buy one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top