Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2022 8:51:01 PM EDT
The knife in progress pictured next to this real big knife? Machete? Sword? Whatever you wanna call it, is 8" OAL.  This knife also had a hamon but the camera didn't like picking it up in the natural light so I did my best. I kinda had to improvise with my kydex press as well, being as this is much larger than what I usually make, so the kydex didnt suck down quite as tight as I would of liked, but it was a non issue for the individual it was destined for so we called it good.  I guess I'll just keep posting them up like this gradually in their own threads, unless doing so will draw the ire of the powers that be or other forum members.

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could post all your photos in a single thread to head off any complaints about spamming the forum.

In the other hand, I doubt anyone here will get spun up about a new thread for each knife.  You wouldn't be the only contributor doing that.

Read the Code of Conduct, then adhere to those rules, and have fun instead of fretting about getting sideways with the rules.

View Quote

From how I took it, I didn't think this met the definition of spamming as outlined in the code of conduct section. You're probably right in the fact that I'm sweating it too much.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad to say, if you’re a custom knife maker and post your completed work here too frequently, they will demand you pay them as they consider it advertising. I don’t think the blade forum here ever recovered from them running off Fallen Oak Forge and the other guy who’s name I forget. It’s a ghost town now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad to say, if you’re a custom knife maker and post your completed work here too frequently, they will demand you pay them as they consider it advertising. I don’t think the blade forum here ever recovered from them running off Fallen Oak Forge and the other guy who’s name I forget. It’s a ghost town now.
View Quote

Well, hopefully I can avoid a similar fate, I'm not profiting from this and I really like to show people the things I make, and I hope people enjoy seeing it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top