Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2021 2:38:09 PM EDT
Sigh

Im back to lusting after a MP5/10. But I want it in 9x25mm Dillon.

Long ago I went on a search and came up with notta in the ways of someone making me a 9x25mm Dillon barrel. I contacted pretty much everyone who specializes in HK products

So theres one other way I could knock this out. I could get a 9mm barrel and rechamber it to 9x25mm Dillon. But then it wouldnt have the flutes.

But I suppose theres a chance it could work even without the flutes. Beyond that it appears the only large difference is there is a cut out for the extractor that I would have to account for.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sigh

Im back to lusting after a MP5/10. But I want it in 9x25mm Dillon.

Long ago I went on a search and came up with notta in the ways of someone making me a 9x25mm Dillon barrel. I contacted pretty much everyone who specializes in HK products

So theres one other way I could knock this out. I could get a 9mm barrel and rechamber it to 9x25mm Dillon. But then it wouldnt have the flutes.

But I suppose theres a chance it could work even without the flutes. Beyond that it appears the only large difference is there is a cut out for the extractor that I would have to account for.

What do you guys think?
View Quote

I think there are issues with MP5s in 357sig which is kinda similar to going to 9x25 Dillon. Then again I love the idea just not sure about pulling it off.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps, you should lust after an MP5/357 Sig.   The barrel is a 9mm one.  I have heard of people having MP5/40 barrels reamed for the 10mm.
Maybe it would be possible to do something like that to the 357 Sig barrel.  Murray Urbach made 357 Sig barrel back in the day.  I had one but
sold it a couple years ago.  It's a rare MP5 not sure how many of them might be out there in the wild so to speak.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one
Cool!
Did you have any issues?

Why'd you sell it if it's your screenname?

Quoted:
I think there are issues with MP5s in 357sig which is kinda similar to going to 9x25 Dillon.
What potential issues have you heard of?

I've got an SW94-40 and I'm considering reaming it to 10mm.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I did not sell the MP5/357Sig  which I still have.  I don't shoot alot.  I have always been more a collector than a shooter.
I sold the barrel to a guy who was going to have one made.  I wasn't going to have a second one made.  The one I have
was made by Murray Urbach.  I but a couple boxes thru it, cleaned it and put it back in the safe.  Had no issues with it,
but then I have not put alot of rounds down range with it either.

Here are a couple pics for your enjoyment

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, I see. Very cool.

Thanks for the report. I don't have any firsthand experience with 10mm or .357 SIG MP5 variants.

I know USMS and FBI had some MP5/10 (and reportedly they're still around) but I never got to fire one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Whats kinda crazy to me is I cant even find someone willing to work up a barrel

Sigh

I guess Ill try and regulate this to the back of my mind again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top