Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 2:08:09 AM EDT
I have had my Osprey for about eight years. Since getting it, I have drifted frim .45 HKs to 9mm Glocks. It seems like it would be good to use my .45 suppressor on my Gock 17. I only shoot 124 gr bullets.

Is there any point on getting a threaded barrel and swapping the thing on the Osprey for the different thread pitch? Will it be quieter or is this just a waste?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
By thing I assume you mean piston?

And quieter than what? Another can?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:06:21 AM EDT
[#2]
124 gunna be supersonic yo.

147's are the kittens paws.

(shoots 9mm through a Ospery45 all the time)

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By thing I assume you mean piston?

And quieter than what? Another can?
View Quote

Yes and no. By quieter, I meant meaningfully quieter than the same pistol and bullets but unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
124 gunna be supersonic yo.

147's are the kittens paws.

(shoots 9mm through a Ospery45 all the time)

https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc-II/i-MNr3fdj/0/d46f8233/L/IMG_0227-L.jpg
View Quote

Good to know. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
it'll sound good. i used to run my Osprey45 on a lot of different host before i got dedicated 9mm cans.  it won't be as good as a 9mm can, but it's close. i know i can hear a difference between an Osprey45 on a USP 9T and an Octane9HD or TiRant9, but it's pretty close.  this is while shooting indoors, outdoors, its moot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top