Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2019 11:01:42 PM EDT
Never going to put it on a pistol where I would need a booster.

It is going to go on a CMMG 9mm Banshee 9mm 5".

I want my 8 year old son to be able to handle the weight so weight is a primary concern.  Followed by hearing safe with subs and cost as criteria.

Considering going the Form1 route but not dead set on it.    Barrel is 1/2x28.  Direct thread would be nice to keep weight down.

User serviceable would be ok, being able to use the dip (no aluminum) would be ok too.  I realize that aluminum would help me hit my weight goals so I know that is a catch 22.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
CGS Kraken 9 or Kraken 9 SK (us), Dead Air Wolfman, Rugged Obsidian 9, AAC Tirant 9M are good places to start looking. All of those will be hearing safe on that host. The lighter options would be the CGS and AAC silencers because they utilize aluminum. Also, aluminum is easy to clean when you have a soda blaster. And less toxic than the dip.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CGS Kraken 9 or Kraken 9 SK (us), Dead Air Wolfman, Rugged Obsidian 9, AAC Tirant 9M are good places to start looking. All of those will be hearing safe on that host. The lighter options would be the CGS and AAC silencers because they utilize aluminum. Also, aluminum is easy to clean when you have a soda blaster. And less toxic than the dip.
View Quote
Thank you. That gives me a good assortment to start looking at.  A lot of those weren't on my radar yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My Thompson machine SG2 is fairly light for a subgun can
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Semi or full?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Semi or full?
View Quote
Semi.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Omega9k
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol

I remember when Robert Silvers did this and it caused an EF-5 shitstorm.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote
I'm missing something, what'd he do?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 2:21:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Semi.
View Quote
Then you have a lot of good options.  A large direct thread aluminum can will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Kraken or Ti-Rant 9/9m.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Leaning towards a Tirant 9m.  Ability to also use for 22lr is a definite plus.

Looks nice and light for a 9mm can.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Leaning towards a Tirant 9m.  Ability to also use for 22lr is a definite plus.

Looks nice and light for a 9mm can.
View Quote
Any of the others mentioned can be used with 22LR. Though it's not recommended on the Omega 9K or Wolfman for 22LR because those two can't be disassembled. You could dip them though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an Omega9k and I love it. If I was doing it over again today I would probably get the Dead Air Wolfman. The Omega9k is still great though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Bowers Vers 9mm?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Omega9k
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bowers Vers 9mm?
View Quote
I like those. I’ve got a full-sized .45 (hiding under the handguard) and the shorter 9S (on the .300 BLK).

I’d go with the shorter VERS-9S.

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Mystic Liberty is serviceable, monocore, dip safe. It's also auto rated and can handle center fire rifle in case you have the need in the future.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:56:55 AM EDT
[#19]
My little girl was shooting my mp5 with wolf in k config and it was very quiet and light enough for her. It sounds great and the new wolfman sounds even better.  That would be the direction I’d go and I also have an omega9k.  The wolf is just sweet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top