Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2018 3:25:55 PM EDT
I just got an order in of new RMR 9MM 124 GR FMJ bullets and I am having issues with the bullets not staying seated in the case. I noticed it yesterday when I was getting ready to go to the range and I was able to push the bullet into the case by hand. I re-measured the 200 rounds that I just reload and about 25% of them I could push the bullet into the case further by hand. I have tried changing OAL, re-adjusting the expander die, increasing the crimp on my Hornady bullet seating die and I just cannot get them to stay in place. All of the brass is under the max length and it is all range pickup brass so not just one manufacturer. I am thinking about ordering a LEE factory crimp die but has anyone else had any issues with RMR FMJ bullets?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you measured the bullets? Maybe they're undersize
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a micrometer at home but the dial calipers show the bullet diameter at .355 at the base.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have loaded many of those.  Never had that issue.  I use just enough crimp to iron out the bell.  You sure your resize die is set right?
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I am thinking about ordering a LEE factory crimp die
View Quote
I can't say for sure what your problem is, but I can tell you that won't fix it.

Size a case and then measure it at the mouth. Then expand it and measure again. Post the numbers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I will double check the resize die.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have loaded many of those.  Never had that issue.  I use just enough crimp to iron out the bell.  You sure your resize die is set right?
View Quote
I reset the resize die and it fixed the issue. Not sure what happened but now I get to pull and resize everything...
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad we could help.

Welcome to ARFCOM.

The guys in this reloading forum have a wealth of knowledge, and there is some good info in the tacked threads here.

Wait, you joined in 2009 and just made your first post?
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Glad we could help.

Welcome to ARFCOM.

The guys in this reloading forum have a wealth of knowledge, and there is some good info in the tacked threads here.

View Quote
You guys are great! Maybe I will try to post more than once in 9 years.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad we could help.

Welcome to ARFCOM.

Nothing wrong with just hanging out and learning. Lots of good problem solvers here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top