Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2018 11:22:57 AM EDT
Are there any mounts out there that allow for an acog or PA prism scope to go as low as a 30mm red dot? Or at least close to it? I think it would be a great setup on a PTR91. I tried the Magpul PRS2 with a variable power but it was way to heavy. A light fixed power optic without needing a cheek riser (chin weld sucks) would be the way to go IMO.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon TA03 HK ACOG Mount.

Sent you an email.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sent you an email.

Mike
View Quote
I appreciate that! But my PTR has a welded rail on it. Im looking for a prism/acog type optic that sits low enough to get proper cheek weld with a regular stock. Thats my mistake for not saying that in the OP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I appreciate that! But my PTR has a welded rail on it. Im looking for a prism/acog type optic that sits low enough to get proper cheek weld with a regular stock. Thats my mistake for not saying that in the OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent you an email.

Mike
Take a look at LaRue’s RCO ACOG mount. I bought one for the extra eye relief it affords. That should be handy for the PTR.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem is that you eventually have the top of the front sight ring in the way.   Then you go lower and get within the ring or co-witness and it is very cluttered.   I have a Vortex Spitfire on mine at a height where the center dot is just above the ring.
If you are that concerned with your cheek weld then you can spend the extra coin for an MSG-90 style stock or come up with some kind of riser.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The problem is that you eventually have the top of the front sight ring in the way.   Then you go lower and get within the ring or co-witness and it is very cluttered.   I have a Vortex Spitfire on mine at a height where the center dot is just above the ring.
If you are that concerned with your cheek weld then you can spend the extra coin for an MSG-90 style stock or come up with some kind of riser.
View Quote
Good point, not sure why I haven't thought about the rear sight getting in the way of a magnified optic. Not a big deal with a red dot, but would be an issue with any magnification. I guess really that only leaves, as you said, a cheek riser to get proper cheek weld. I would love an SG1 style stock but they stupidly expensive. Maybe I can find a cheek riser that looks similar to a SG1 and attach it to a regular A2 stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top