Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2017 7:15:12 PM EDT
Work done by evilutionz in yulee FL. He is also a member here. Hopefully he stops by the thread. It's taken me a while to get a few hundred rounds through it. Only a few chokes when it was really dirty, dry and using weak light loads. 100% on any shells over 1200fps. First size groups at 25yrds with flight control buck.

Sorry guys, just wanted to show it off again.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Sexy!!! Got some more pictures of it, did the gas block need to be moved back?
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Love the Saiga shortys! Here’s my Tromix S17. Eats Walmart 100rd value pack birdshot like it’s candy!

Link Posted: 12/18/2017 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
@NicoG

More pics ... please.
Thanks!

Quoted:
Love the Saiga shortys! Here’s my Tromix S17. Eats Walmart 100rd value pack birdshot like it’s candy
View Quote
@hawkin

After shooting your shorties... did either of you feel the need for a fore grip of some sorts. Both shotguns look amazing!
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't need a grip
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#5]
That’s so cool!
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@NicoG

More pics ... please.
Thanks!

@hawkin

After shooting your shorties... did either of you feel the need for a fore grip of some sorts. Both shotguns look amazing!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@NicoG

More pics ... please.
Thanks!

Quoted:
Love the Saiga shortys! Here’s my Tromix S17. Eats Walmart 100rd value pack birdshot like it’s candy
@hawkin

It's not my Saiga, but heres my V12 SBS
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/361826/Vepr12-396950.JPG
View Quote
Your gun is what inspired mine. I salute you.

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my v12 mags a lot more then my s12. But I started the s12 project long before the v12 was out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I do have a bottom rail on it now and run a Tango Down shorty grip. Not needed but I like it when running a 20rd drum.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
WOW thank you. You have a great looking Vepr yourself.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Really like that one above.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
@Norinco982lover Looks Great! Where did you get the furniture?
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
@NicoG, what bbl length did you use? Did you need to expand gas port?

Also, nice furniture. Whered you get it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Conju

I went with 12.5'' for the barrel, but I'm thinking about cutting it back to 10.5'' I didn't have to do any work to the gas ports (lucked out there) but I did have to smooth the rails and bolt carrier. The handguard is from a RPK that I worked to make fit, a lot of sanding-filing-checking till the lower, fit the upper went right on. I like doing things like that I have a Romanian dong grip the I fit to my M92 PAP just for fun
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@Norinco982lover Looks Great! Where did you get the furniture?
View Quote
I got it from akfiles dude sells them from Moscow. I think Atlantic firearms may sell the same or similar furniture. It’s amazing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow. I didn't even realize this subforum existed. Very cool to have a SBS specific forum now.

On OP's SBS. It was an utter nightmare when it came to me and did not run at all, for many good reasons. Another shop had attempted to SBS make an 8" out of it. I resurrected it.

This is my latest creation. I understand going for that Krink look. This is as close as you can get.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wow. I didn't even realize this subforum existed. Very cool to have a SBS specific forum now.

On OP's SBS. It was an utter nightmare when it came to me and did not run at all, for many good reasons. Another shop had attempted to SBS make an 8" out of it. I resurrected it.

This is my latest creation. I understand going for that Krink look. This is as close as you can get.
https://i.imgur.com/T4u70wW.jpg
View Quote
That is absolutely gorgeous. Nice Work.

Also, Moar Pics!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]
It is not my style, but it is indeed a great looking build. I think Mikhail would smile. I'll post some more pics of it when I get some down time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Awesome. I want one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Oh that’s nice.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@NicoG

More pics ... please.
Thanks!

@hawkin

View Quote
The magwell makes for a great grip. Being short, a vert grip is not very far from the magwell anyway and reaching out for a grip tends to make the shoulders rotate, which is not ideal when it comes to controlling recoil. I'm not using the magwell in this video as a means of demonstrating how most people would employ the weapon.
Long Gun Shooting Technique Demo
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow... There is some great looking SBS action in this thread. I'm loving the wood and the "Krink" look.

Quoted:
I do have a bottom rail on it now and run a Tango Down shorty grip. Not needed but I like it when running a 20rd drum.
View Quote
@hawkin ... Were you able to use the Tromix hand guard with the bottom rail? Did you just secure it with the bolt Tromix uses for the hand guard? I was just thinking of adding a foregrip down the road.

Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/T4u70wW.jpg
View Quote
The Krink look is amazing! How hard would it be to set mine up that way? (Pic below)

Quoted:

The magwell makes for a great grip. Being short, a vert grip is not very far from the magwell anyway and reaching out for a grip tends to make the shoulders rotate, which is not ideal when it comes to controlling recoil. I'm not using the magwell in this video as a means of demonstrating how most people would employ the weapon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17s9wLi1gDk
View Quote
@evlblkwpnz .... Thank you for the info! I haven't even had a chance to get mine out. Looking forward to it though. I've watched a ton of your videos, Great stuff!!

Here's a pic of mine. These were my last 2 stamps to arrive. Really can't wait to get these out to the range.

Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#24]
The bottom rail was purchased from Tromix when I sent Tony my Saiga. If I remember correctly it does use the handguard mount screw.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wow... There is some great looking SBS action in this thread. I'm loving the wood and the "Krink" look.

@hawkin ... Were you able to use the Tromix hand guard with the bottom rail? Did you just secure it with the bolt Tromix uses for the hand guard? I was just thinking of adding a foregrip down the road.

The Krink look is amazing! How hard would it be to set mine up that way? (Pic below)

@evlblkwpnz .... Thank you for the info! I haven't even had a chance to get mine out. Looking forward to it though. I've watched a ton of your videos, Great stuff!!

Here's a pic of mine. These were my last 2 stamps to arrive. Really can't wait to get these out to the range.

https://i.imgur.com/e4GfBFIl.jpg
View Quote
I need an unmodified receiver, barrel, action, and gas system to do it. A blank canvas, if you will. All of the modifications to the donor weapon are based on exactly what needs to be done to compatible with actual Krink parts. Doing it with an existing SBS with a shortened gas system would cost more than starting on a new build, and it already is a very expensive build. I'm doing them on Saiga-12 and KS-12 shotguns. I sincerely appreciate the kind words about my work. I put my heart and soul into these crude Russian shotguns.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The bottom rail was purchased from Tromix when I sent Tony my Saiga. If I remember correctly it does use the handguard mount screw.
View Quote
Ok , That is good to know. I will send Tony an email and ask if he still has any more rails like that for sale. Thanks

Quoted:
I need an unmodified receiver, barrel, action, and gas system to do it. A blank canvas, if you will. All of the modifications to the donor weapon are based on exactly what needs to be done to compatible with actual Krink parts. Doing it with an existing SBS with a shortened gas system would cost more than starting on a new build, and it already is a very expensive build. I'm doing them on Saiga-12 and KS-12 shotguns. I sincerely appreciate the kind words about my work. I put my heart and soul into these crude Russian shotguns.
View Quote
I understand. Maybe when I recover from Christmas.... I'll give you a shout to do me one with the "Krink look".  Keep up the great work!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank you. I look forward to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top