Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2018 10:31:43 AM EDT
I'm thinking of filing a Form 1 so I can cut my 870 down to 14".  For those of you who have used a youth stock on an SBS, do you like it?  I have long arms but I typically still like a shorter LOP.  I run my AR stocks shortend up at least one notch, two if I'm wearing heavy clothing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I started my son off with with Hogue youth stock on his 870.

After he outgrew it, I kept it & put it on a defense set up 870 for a petite woman.

I shot it myself to show operation and use (I'm 6'3" tall and solid).  It works, (uses less space - more compact) but you have to fold your firing arm tighter due to the short length..

I've used the M-4 type slide adjustment stock adaptors (Mesa Tactical makes a kick ass set up!)

Can adjust in or out to fit a variety of situation without be limited to only long or only short.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the short stocks. 14 in LOP is too long for my home defense shotgun. I have a fixed 12.25 inch stock on mine now. I had an 11 inch but it was too short. If you have an SBS the short stock makes it very compact for indoor use. In my case I don’t Have a need to  using  an SBS outside of my house so a short stocked SBS is perfect.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm thinking of filing a Form 1 so I can cut my 870 down to 14".  For those of you who have used a youth stock on an SBS, do you like it?  I have long arms but I typically still like a shorter LOP.  I run my AR stocks shortend up at least one notch, two if I'm wearing heavy clothing.
View Quote
Yes, I run all of my defense guns with short stocks.

I have a couple 18 inch shotguns with youth stocks.

I have two pump SBSs one with a youth stock and one with a M4 type stock with a pistol grip.  I have a shockwave with a SB brace/pistol grip.

I"m a big guy at 6 foot and over 300 lbs.  I like my guns tucked up tight.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone, I think I'll go with the youth stock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Get the Magpul SGA and run it as short as it allows, then if you think it's too short, you can add spacers in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top