Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 4:54:27 PM EDT
Finally decided on either of the two rifles. Took a long time and went back and forth. Any one knows where these might be available for a reasonable price?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The 107 has the spiked bipod of I recall
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Had my 82 for a few years.  Quite pleased.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Finally decided on either of the two rifles. Took a long time and went back and forth. Any one knows where these might be available for a reasonable price?
View Quote

Right now "available" and "reasonable" are most often mutually exclusive terms.

The M82a1 is certainly going to be more reasonable.

It appears auction prices for an M82a1 are averaging over $2K above pre-election numbers.

The moment gun control becomes this administrations focus those numbers will skyrocket.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I really want to shoot mine with a can so I went with the 107A1 :D - Waiting for the dealer to get it in..
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I sat down and really thought about it.

I had the clearance and cash to buy the 107, but I couldnt justify it. Saving 5lbs is neat, but its still a 50bmg rifle... you’re not room clearing with it. Even with the savings, it still weighs more than (3) kitted-out M4 carbines combined.

The updates are a nickel coated bolt head, new brake, plastic/titanium monopod, titanium bipod struts, polymer cheek pad, and an aluminum upper, which combined cost $4,000 more.

Thats it. Thats the difference. I thought there was more to it, or a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices, but no.

So I chose to save 4k and got the m82, then quickly turned the savings into glass and API/APIT ammo since the seat warmers at the white house will likely ban it.

Also, get the 29”. Speed kills. Its an antimaterial rifle, so if you ever get pressed into that role, extra speed really helps AP rounds do their job against “material”.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sat down and really thought about it.

I had the clearance and cash to buy the 107, but I couldnt justify it. Saving 5lbs is neat, but its still a 50bmg rifle... you're not room clearing with it. Even with the savings, it still weighs more than (3) kitted-out M4 carbines combined.

The updates are a nickel coated bolt head, new brake, plastic/titanium monopod, titanium bipod struts, polymer cheek pad, and an aluminum upper, which combined cost $4,000 more.

Thats it. Thats the difference. I thought there was more to it, or a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices, but no.

So I chose to save 4k and got the m82, then quickly turned the savings into glass and API/APIT ammo since the seat warmers at the white house will likely ban it.

Also, get the 29". Speed kills. Its an antimaterial rifle, so if you ever get pressed into that role, extra speed really helps AP rounds do their job against "material".
View Quote
As has already been mentioned, one of the differences is that if you want to suppress it, you have to go 107. That might not apply to very many people but it is a major difference
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Considering it's when, not if, FJB starts his gun control run, would spending 11K on an M82A1 be as over the top ridiculous as it would have seemed months ago?  Part of me can't imagine spending that, the other part imagines the prices when FJB starts talking about it and thinks the prices now will seem tame. Would love to hear people's thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Considering it's when, not if, FJB starts his gun control run, would spending 11K on an M82A1 be as over the top ridiculous as it would have seemed months ago?  Part of me can't imagine spending that, the other part imagines the prices when FJB starts talking about it and thinks the prices now will seem tame. Would love to hear people's thoughts.
View Quote

Hell, given the impending inflation, it’s unlikely to me that 82s will ever be easy to find under 10k again.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hell, given the impending inflation, it’s unlikely to me that 82s will ever be easy to find under 10k again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point, inflation is coming fast and hard.  Just grabbed a bunch more silver the other day.

Spent about 3 hours last night looking for an M82 at a reasonable price, but everything was out of stock or over 11K. Then I found a too good to be true(for present circumstances) listing for a 29" M82A1 for $8,299.  I figured it was a drop shipper listing that hadn't been adjusted, but went for it anyway. When I called them this morning, it turns out they're a brick and mortar and had the rifle in stock ready to go. Should be taking delivery soon, pretty psyched!
Diligent searching may yield results, even now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good point, inflation is coming fast and hard.  Just grabbed a bunch more silver the other day.

Spent about 3 hours last night looking for an M82 at a reasonable price, but everything was out of stock or over 11K. Then I found a too good to be true(for present circumstances) listing for a 29" M82A1 for $8,299.  I figured it was a drop shipper listing that hadn't been adjusted, but went for it anyway. When I called them this morning, it turns out they're a brick and mortar and had the rifle in stock ready to go. Should be taking delivery soon, pretty psyched!
Diligent searching may yield results, even now.
View Quote

Nice find! Mine was purchased in Nov’ of 2012. Election night.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top