Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2018 10:37:38 AM EDT
Deciding if I am going to SBR my 10/22 takedown so with my silencer I am around 16" but dont want to have horrible accuracy. I would imagine at 100' with supers and subs I wont see a huge difference going from 16" to 8" even if I have to re-zero, am I wrong?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You will most likely lose a little velocity if I remember the charts correctly but not enough to worry about.

Accuracy is not a function of length so a good 8” barrel can shoot as well as a good 16” barrel.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will most likely lose a little velocity if I remember the charts correctly but not enough to worry about.

Accuracy is not a function of length so a good 8” barrel can shoot as well as a good 16” barrel.
View Quote
I'm cool with that
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
My Charger pistol is just as accurate as my full sized 10/22 carbine.  Now, if you were to add an aftermarket barrel and magnified optics, there would be a difference between the two, but not enough to fuss over.

There is a cool website that will answer all your questions; Ballistics By The Inch.

According to that site, Aguila SSS is 900fps from 16" bbl and 857fps from an 8" bbl. So, it's negligible.  Looking at all the data, it looks like 10 fps per 1" of barrel is a good rule of thumb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top