Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2019 12:25:32 AM EDT
I have scowered the net for a new 77/22 firing pin  but seems as if ruger will not sell a $5 part - they want you to send entire rifle in for a replacement in which they will replace all non OEM parts including my trigger job! Anyone have leads or insight on this? Ruger American .22 firing pin fit?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Any info on your firing pin find in Australia? Link?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If they really are that hard to get and failures are common with the factory part, why don't you make one?

Is it a flat or round firing pin?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have scowered the net for a new 77/22 firing pin  but seems as if ruger will not sell a $5 part - they want you to send entire rifle in for a replacement in which they will replace all non OEM parts including my trigger job! Anyone have leads or insight on this? Ruger American .22 firing pin fit?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
View Quote
I bet they will let you send in the bolt alone.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bet they will let you send in the bolt alone.  
View Quote
You would think, but no. Whole rifle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Went through this a few years ago.  I have a 77/22 with an integral suppressor and was not sending the complete gun back to ruger.  Went to my lgs and they happened to have a used 77/22 on the rack.  I convinced them (long time friend of manager) to swap out the firing pins and let me pay for their used gun to ship back to ruger.  Can't remember what it cost.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Well crap, I was going to say that Volquartsen made them, but they're discontinued along with the rest of their 77 rimfire parts.  Shame, their target sear was amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top