Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2020 9:45:13 AM EDT
What's the skinny on this rifle? Good, bad, etc. Reasonable expected accuracy from an experienced shooter, firearm life, etc. As I understand, the Indian Army has selected it and is it wholesale issued or limited.

Any anticipated 6.5CM variants?

Not suppressed, LPVO, just a fun gun in .308.

MArk
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought I read that the Indian Armed Forces are getting the 716 G2 piston gun, not the 716 Tread DI gun.   Border Security Forces or CRPF may be the end user, but my Hindi is no good for watching YT news reports on the subject.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the links above, curious if anyone had actual first hand knowledge of it?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw the links above, curious if anyone had actual first hand knowledge of it?
View Quote

That’s my personal review above. I love mine. Bought it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okie, didn't know that. Thank you for the review, second video show the update with accuracy which looks great for this gun. Would you know if a 6.5 is in the works?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Okie, didn't know that. Thank you for the review, second video show the update with accuracy which looks great for this gun. Would you know if a 6.5 is in the works?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah buddy!

Well, I got a good deal on it so I said f'it! Now I need to pick a decent optic. Have a PST 4-16 for the meantime. Need a mount though first, might dispense with BUIS and do a hard mount with the scope. (not QD)
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a first generation Sig 716 FDE Patrol at a gunshow on a whim because it looked cool.  Never had even heard of it before.

When I got home and started to research what I had bought I kept reading that it was a jamomatic.

I took it out to the range and pulled the trigger on the first round and it fired OK but failed to eject properly.  Oh shit they were right.  I cleared the casing and tired it again.  Everything OK.  In fact I have probably shot close to a thousand rounds out of it since then and never had a second failure or jam.  It has handled my reloads and any brand of factory ammo that I put in it.  Very reliable.

It is not a tact driver but it is more accurate than my M1A or my FAL.  On the bench I can get 1.5 MOA with most decent ammo.  With more precision reloads I can get slightly under MOA.  It seems to favor 168 grain over 150 grain.

I did put a La Rue trigger in it.  The factory trigger is not that great.

The only problem I have with it is the weight.  It is a heavy rifle.  I think the second generation reduced the weight a little bit.

Not a problem but just to be aware a 16 inch barrel (if you get the Patrol) is not optimal for a .308.  You will never get the high velocity that you could get out of a longer barrel.  To me it is a 300 yd rifle whereas my M1A is a 500 yd rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 516 SBR and love it.

I came very close to buying a 716 from someone here, but did not (mostly because I had some upcoming expenses and wanted to play it safe).

They’re heavy, but I still kind of like them. I still might want one, it’s just down the queue a little.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Well finally got the scope mounted and got a ruff zero today. Not the permanent scope which is an older PST 4-16, plan on a 1-8/10 one day. Fired FGMM 168, Trophy Copper and Non Typical SP's, both 150 grain, no functioning issues and right now, probably and average 1.25-1.5 gun based on what I did today. The trigger is heavy, standard single stage Mil type--it is not a two stage match trigger. I didn't get this to be a match gun and I'm not expecting it to be one, it is what I expected.

For what it is, don't think it's heavy, +/- 8.5 is about right for this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top