Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2021 5:28:51 PM EDT
I have some 7.62x51 ammo that is head stamped DAG93A0304. I believe it is Dynamit Nobel AG which is made in Germany. Does anyone know if it is corrosive. It also looks  to be a steel projectile. How would this compare to API?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it was corrosive but it gave me a reason to completely clean my rifle. I gave the bore a thorough cleaning and the feed ramps. Not a fancy one one but the DPMS Oracle let em rip!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Whatever you do, don’t waste it on plinking. If it’s got the silver jacket, it’s a particularly devastating fragmenting bullet: an extremely thin Nickel alloy jacket over a soft lead core.

The Cold War “rooskie killer” - the Euro Dunces withdrew it from service because the extremely graphic  wounds it caused were “too lethal” and “inhumane.” Kind of like M193 on steroids.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering if that was the case with the chrome looking bullet. I'll be sure to save them and use my standard ammo for plinking. Thank you for the heads up!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was wondering if that was the case with the chrome looking bullet. I'll be sure to save them and use my standard ammo for plinking. Thank you for the heads up!
View Quote

There are two “brands” of German surplus ammo with that type of bullet, “DAG” and “MEN.”

Also, if it’s still in the vinyl battle packs, you should open them up and make sure the cases have not gotten corroded. Actually, you should probably remove the rounds from the boxes as well because chemicals in the cardboard seem to have caused corrosion on the shells, which can eat right through the cases over time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
DAG is high quality NATO Milsurp. In the same quality level as SA and Radway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top