Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2019 9:03:14 PM EDT
I am working  on my collection in this caliber.
Right now I have a
Cz-52
Romanian ttc
And I have a Yugo Tokarev M57 on the way.

Is there any other guns that are c&r  that I may want to try and get? I would love to get a true Russian one  but don't know if there is that much difference between the Romanian and Russian version.

Out of the 3 I have what one is your favorite?

I have hound the cz-52 to be picky about what ammo it takes. The Romanian TTC not so much and a very good shooter. I have no idea what tomexpext from the m57. I have it coming from g&j sales I paid extra for the hand select with bright bore ($40) and for the creast on the  slide ($20).
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Next should be a vet bring back tt33 ( or any other combloc copy) with no import marks added safeties and preferably with capture documents
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Next should be a vet bring back tt33 ( or any other combloc copy) with no import marks added safeties and preferably with capture documents
View Quote
Good luck finding one NOT nickle plated.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Next up; PPS-43C pistol (~$450.00).  Then STAMP it for SBR ($200.00), pick up PPS-43 parts kit ($100.00) and replace tack welded folding stock on pistol with parts kit folding rifle stock.
You have two, two, two treats in one!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The PPS-43C pistol isn't a c&r. Is it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, so get your HQL an buy one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an hql but the biggest thing is the magazines. I would have to find one out if state at an ffl that is willing to ship it to MD and give me the magazines to take home with me while I wait for it to get to local ffl then do the paperwork.
The shipping to another ffl will be a lot then the local. Ffl transfer fee then the map paperwork fee  you can add around another $100 to the price.
It would be cool to have one for my 7.62x25 chamber collection but by the  time I pay all the fees and travel expenses and Alli wi be close to $700.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Md supplier with it in stock.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/polish-pps43-c-pistol   (Priced higher then other suppliers)

I was in OC an stopped by Littletons on the way home. He had one in stock with the blocked mags from Atlantic.

Try finding one of the USGI 1911A1's converted to 7.62 x 25mm from Century about 20 years ago.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]
It's generally recommended ( by the folks on Gunboards ) to limit the CZ52 to PPU ammo. Lower velocity than S&B.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's generally recommended ( by the folks on Gunboards ) to limit the CZ52 to PPU ammo. Lower velocity than S&B.
View Quote
Why is this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You rang?

ETA- There are some nice Polish M48's that came in but, imports marks varied with some being pretty ugly and all had added safeties. My favorite recent shooter is an Zastava M57 that came in with a glock style trigger safety with the import marks under the trigger guard. The trigger was easy to swap out for a proper OEM piece. They can sometimes be found on the used market but, i think the batch wasn't the biggest.

Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is the ammo affordable? I used to pay $78 delivered from Century for 1280 round tin from the 1950s.

I know, I know, time machine and whatnot.
View Quote
No not at all anymore.  I think I paid $89 for 3 cans of that ammo supposedly had cracked necks. Shoots fine but it smells a little weird.

Surplus almost cost what new stuff costs and it isnt that cheap imo
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why is this?
View Quote
Some CZ52s have had issues related to how well the head of the case - actually the space ahead of the head - is supported.  While the CZ is a very well made gun, the TT round is pretty stout and ruptured cases are a possibility.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is the ammo affordable? I used to pay $78 delivered from Century for 1280 round tin from the 1950s.

I know, I know, time machine and whatnot.
View Quote
You can get 50rd boxes of Prvi for around 16-17 dollars...  Not 9mm cheap but not too bad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#15]
If you reload you can down load 10-15% for 7.63x25mm Mauser and pick up a C96 Broomhandle.  Remember the Russians used lots of C96s during WWI and made it a tad hotter for the TT30.

CD
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Excellent article on 7.62x25, you will have to use Google translate

https://gunmag.com.ua/762x25-tt-essential/
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Excellent article on 7.62x25, you will have to use Google translate

https://gunmag.com.ua/762x25-tt-essential/
View Quote
Thank you, good reading.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
And when CZ-52's first hit the shores everyone was talking about them using sub machine gun ammo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And when CZ-52's first hit the shores everyone was talking about them using sub machine gun ammo.
View Quote
Yeah, from what I've heard it turns out in practice that the CZ-52 seems to have issues with the rollers with the sub gun ammo.  I've mostly shot Romanian surplus through mine w/o issues.  The ammo that supposedly you shouldn't use is the Bulgarian surplus, especially the stuff in the pink wrapping paper.  Some people have said the stuff in the green paper is O.K.  I've got a bunch of both that I've been reluctant to use even in my Polish and Romanian Tokarevs and definitely not in my CZ-52.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Polish (Circle 11) Tokarevs are very nice.  Fit and finish seems to be superior to the Romanians I have.  Another one that you don't see really often these days is the Norinco.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I believe it is well established that the "subgun ammo" thing is non-sense.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

How about a Norinco marked TT33 with Radom markings dating to 1966?  Can you say fake Khyber Pass gun :)

CD
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#23]
"MADE AS"?  WTF?  That's one weird Tokarev for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top