Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2023 10:25:19 PM EDT
Looking to add a lighter 30 cal can to the mix.  Currently have a Sandman S and I'd like something lighter for my longer gas guns.  No full auto but mag dumps are known to happen.

Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with the following cans...  or have another recommendation I should be looking at.

EA Peak 30
EA Vox-S
Griffin Dual-Lok 7
Griffin Explorr 300
Silencerco Omega 300
TB Ultra7
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Explorr300 has my interest
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Q Trash Panda
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:23:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a similar list of wants, spent months researching and ended up ordering the Rugged Radiant. Stellite and titanium, lightweight, modular and full auto rated. 5.1” and 9.4 oz in the short configuration. 7.5” and 12.5 oz in the full length configuration.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Nomad?
Hyperion K?

What’s the host? AR10?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
There are a lot of positive comments about that one. I have one in jail now.

The Explorr series is nice and light at 10oz, but according to Green0 still pretty durable.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my Hyperion.

The Diligent Defense Enticer L-TI is definitely worthy of a look. Look at the firing schedule and see if it'd handle your mag dumps.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#7]
What calibers & barrel lengths are you going to be shooting through the candidates?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been looking at the Enticer L-Ti for a while to put on my AR-10 that I hunt with. 10.5oz and under $900.

https://diligentdefense.com/enticer-l-ti-1/  
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What calibers & barrel lengths are you going to be shooting through the candidates?
View Quote

7.62x51 / 308 through mostly 16 but some 18 and 20.  AR10s but want to suppress my FALs and M1A in the future.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two omega 300s and a resonator k for 30cal cans. Omega with a flat cap is my work horse
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

7.62x51 / 308 through mostly 16 but some 18 and 20.  AR10s but want to suppress my FALs and M1A in the future.
View Quote

I have a Vox-S and Omega-300.  On 11.5” 5.56 with .30 cal flat front caps they are very close. On 16” - 18” .308 bolt guns or gas tuned ARs the Omega is quieter, deeper tone and the optional brake front cap does reduce some recoil.  So of those two the Omega suppresses better but the titanium sleeve can loosen up (mine never has).  

For a little more weight the Liberty Anthem-S tests nicely at Pew Science.

Any of those hosts will need adjustable gas unless you go with Hux flow-through suppressor.

FALs and M1A might have sub-optimal barrel thread/shoulder issues to where a tightly bored can like the Omega-300 is sensitive to less than perfect alignment.  The front cap on the Omega is larger bore than the baffles so it’s not always an obvious issue.

That’s a good candidate list.  Choice could be driven by weight, cost, muzzle device or mount. I like Plan A because the longer mounts (XL & new lighter long mount) accommodates various muzzle device lengths.  Direct thread is always an option but works best with common muzzle threads.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Love my Omega 300, great tone and lightweight with Ti flat cap and YHM Kurz Ti hub.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The Explorr series is nice and light at 10oz, but according to Green0 still pretty durable.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kinda want one for my 18” grendel
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too. Probably my next can.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looking to add a lighter 30 cal can to the mix.  Currently have a Sandman S and I'd like something lighter for my longer gas guns.  No full auto but mag dumps are known to happen.

Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with the following cans...  or have another recommendation I should be looking at.

EA Peak 30
EA Vox-S
Griffin Dual-Lok 7
Griffin Explorr 300
Silencerco Omega 300
TB Ultra7
View Quote

All great cans and a solid list; no bad choices there. There are a myriad of considerations and every shooter ranks their hierarchy of needs differently. Other than weight and durability under semi-hard use,  what are your other ranked considerations?  I am happy to answer any questions on the EA cans if that helps.

Karl Edminster
Energetic Armament
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All great cans and a solid list; no bad choices there. There are a myriad of considerations and every shooter ranks their hierarchy of needs differently. Other than weight and durability under semi-hard use,  what are your other ranked considerations?  I am happy to answer any questions on the EA cans if that helps.

Karl Edminster
Energetic Armament
View Quote

@kedminster

Thanks for popping in.  Other than approximately one ounce, .5" and a wipe is there anything else to separate the two EA cans on the list?  Does either have lower back pressure than the other since this will be used on gas-operated rifles?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Nomad, sounds phenomenal on my PWS AR47's.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@kedminster

Thanks for popping in.  Other than approximately one ounce, .5" and a wipe is there anything else to separate the two EA cans on the list?  Does either have lower back pressure than the other since this will be used on gas-operated rifles?
View Quote

Backpressure is about the same for both the Vox-S and Peak 30 with the Peak 30 being ever so slightly less. The Peak 30 has slightly better suppression than the Vox-S in most use scenarios as it has a newer baffle design; primarily the leading edges of the bore aperture. The Peak 30 was engineered for shooters that needed a durable, highly weight efficient can that did not have the extreme use scenarios (short barrel FA & ultra-mag type cartridges) that the Vox-S was engineered for. Realistically this is about 97% of real world shooters. That allowed us to save some weight and cost for most shooters. Both have the patented ring and lifetime warranty (in case you get a visit from the F*ck up fairy!)

Karl Edminster
Energetic Armament
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Huxwrx just released their Flow 7.62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top