Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2021 5:36:54 PM EDT
I am new to 6.5 Creedmoor and am piecing together a 20" gas gun using a Criterion hybrid nitride barrel. I picked a really terrible time to add a rifle caliber, but here I am. Locally I was unable to find H4350, IMR4350, RL17, RL16 or N555. I did find some IMR4831 with IMR says gives similar velocities to H4350. Not ideal, but it is what it is. Lapua small primer brass is ordered, as I have never needed large rifle primers until now. I have 1 box of large rifle magnums to use in some 6.5 range pick up. I picked up a box of Sierra 140gr Gameking SBTs to start development with. The store had a bunch, so I should be able to get more if they shoot well. Anyone shoot a combo similar to this? Results? Pros/cons? Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a thread on acccurateshooter.com talking about the few 4831 powders.  Worth a read!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a thread on acccurateshooter.com talking about the few 4831 powders.  Worth a read!
View Quote

I couldn't find it. Got a link? From searching, it seems some people think its great, others not so much.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
On the subject of 6.5 Creedmoor ... I’ve got my first one coming, a Sauer 100XT.  I’ve also got some Lapua brass and Barnes 140gr match burner bullets.

I have a fair assortment of powder, and lean toward ball powder for throwing measured charges.  Anyone got a favorite ball powder load with 140s?  Varget is another favorite powder, any pet loads with it?

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top