Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2021 7:56:53 PM EDT
Have been keeping an eye out for a 590A1 for a while and finally found one at a local shop. Wasn’t necessarily wanting the retro model, but once I had it it in hand, I really liked the look. Seems well built.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great. I caught the shotgun bug around 2 years ago. Be careful
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now you need a bayonet!
View Quote

Oh, it’s on my shopping list. I’m more impressed with it the more I handle it. Surprised it sat on the shelf as long as it did.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh, it’s on my shopping list. I’m more impressed with it the more I handle it. Surprised it sat on the shelf as long as it did.
View Quote

Not really surprising if you read the GD section of this forum. The younger guys that fancy themselves operators think the shotgun is an old, antiquated joke. Their answer to every question is "AR-15". Don't get me wrong, the AR is a great rifle but that's what their experience is limited to and they have a total lack of knowledge or respect for the shotgun.

You'd laugh at some of the posts like "a shotgun is only effective within 15 feet" (yeah that was an actual post).

Nice shotgun btw. I really like the retro version.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
That’s a beautiful shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I want one
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#8]
How much did you end up paying?

I would love to pick one of these up, but the last one I saw was around $900.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How much did you end up paying?

I would love to pick one of these up, but the last one I saw was around $900.
View Quote

$769 + tax. Hard to pass up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not really surprising if you read the GD section of this forum. The younger guys that fancy themselves operators think the shotgun is an old, antiquated joke. Their answer to every question is "AR-15". Don't get me wrong, the AR is a great rifle but that's what their experience is limited to and they have a total lack of knowledge or respect for the shotgun.

You'd laugh at some of the posts like "a shotgun is only effective within 15 feet" (yeah that was an actual post).

Nice shotgun btw. I really like the retro version.

View Quote

I was at a shoot once where a couple guys disparaged an 870 I pulled out of a case till I put a three slug cloverleaf in the head of a B27 target standing at 50 yds, then they all wanted to try it. I purposely took the lid off a water jug at 50 in front of another group with an 1100 with rifle sights. I was raised with shotguns being the primary hunting tool.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the 590A1 with the ghost rings sights and the standard/plastic stock and grip and really like it. I bought it long before the retro came out.
I do like the retro model and the wood furniture and definitely like the looks of the heat shield. I would like to add one of those to mine at some point. I have even thought about the wood stock and grip.
The only major gripe I have with the retro is the finish they put on the stock. Why in the world did they put a super shiny/high gloss finish on there? It looks so out of place on a "retro looking combat shotgun".
Me personally think they should have went with a oil finish on the wood that more closely matches what would have come on older military rifles and shotguns of the retro times.
If I ever got one, I would probably end up stripping off the finish and redoing it with linseed oil. I would like to see one of these with that done to it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The retro series had me taking a real hard look at the 590A1's...enough that I put one of the non retro's on layaway. A bead sight 18.5" will be mine in a week or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top