Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 6:11:01 PM EDT
Can the 5 round from the 500 be used?  Is it the same as the shockwave?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:36:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shack357] [#1]
500 magazine can be used...sort of. It will thread into the receiver. But you'll also need a 500 barrel at that point due to the attachment. 590 uses a ring around the mag tube with a nut over the end. 500 uses a bolt through the barrel ring and into the end of the mag tube.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Just take the whole front end off of the donor shotgun.... it will work.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 9:21:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chumpmiester] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eodinert:
Just take the whole front end off of the donor shotgun.... it will work.
View Quote
That is one of the best solutions.

Here is my 500E next to my Shockwave, both are 410. As you can see the barrels attach differently and the magazine tubes are different lengths. I'm sure that the 12 versions are the same as the 410 versions.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

As you can see with my 410 Mossberg's, you would not be able to chop the 500 barrel down much under 18 inches without redoing the mounting lug. See how the 500 mag tube is longer than the Shockwave 14" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
A barrel chop even with a 500 tube is 16 inches.
A shockwave barrel is 14 so you gain nothing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
A typical 500 has a 5shot tube which would give you a roughly 16" barrel if cut flush with the mag. A Shockwave, has a 4-shot tube that gives you a 14" flush barrel. With the barrel lugs being in different locations respectively. So there's that to deal with besides the different methods of securing the barrel to the mag tube.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:
A typical 500 has a 5shot tube which would give you a roughly 16" barrel if cut flush with the mag. A Shockwave, has a 4-shot tube that gives you a 14" flush barrel. With the barrel lugs being in different locations respectively. So there's that to deal with besides the different methods of securing the barrel to the mag tube.
View Quote

Shockwave still has a 5 round tube-with a barrel ring around the tube and a cap like an 870, instead of the through bolt like a 500.

A 4 shot tube, like on an 870, allows a 12 inch barrel when cut flush.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top