Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2018 5:31:46 PM EDT
I’ve got a 556 Patrol with the factory hooded front sight and the pretty crappy rotary diopter rear. I like the front sight and do not want to replace it. Are there any options for a quality folding or fixed rear sight that is the right height for the front sight?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#1]
MFI might have what you're looking for
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Samson or midwest industries have 556 correct height rear sights - I have one on mine - so much better than.  They are not cheap.  Look on ebay or gunbroker.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Samson or midwest industries have 556 correct height rear sights - I have one on mine - so much better than.  They are not cheap.  Look on ebay or gunbroker.
View Quote
I thought those are standard AR height rears that match their 556-speciifc front sights?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
good luck trying to match up whatever Sig put on the front of a 556...  I tried when I had a 556 in the past and it was boondoggle.  I think I went back to the original POS sight, at least it had a reasonable POI.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I put AR height Midwest Industries sights on mine. Work fine that way. I wasn't satisfied with the SIG sights.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I just went with an original, yellow lettered Bushnell TRS25 with a UTG super slim .5 riser...gives absolute witness with the factory flip up emergency sight....cured my need to find a BUIS....

The original yellow lettered TRS25s are good little optics...stay away from the white lettered ones. total investment $55 bucks.

I will probably invest in a MRO with a low mount down the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top