Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2022 4:58:35 PM EDT
I had to permanently move to another state with my suppressor. I was working on a compressed timeline but before moving, I filled out a 5320.20 and it came back denied because it's on a trust. What did I do wrong? Was I supposed to put the full name of the trust in box 1? I just entered my full name.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Do YOU own or does the Trust?  You have to put the owner.   If the Trust owns, then that’s what you put in.  

Best of luck with getting the forms approved.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The owner is the trust, and its name is "(my full name) Trust". I put only my full name and not the word "Trust" afterwards. Is that what screwed me?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotcha. I'll give this another go and hopefully this'll work out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep incorrect name, since it's a suppressor and likely bought with a Form 4, pull out your approved Form 4 and use exactly what's in box 2a.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I emailed mine in for a permanent move a few weeks ago for a move this weekend and havent heard anything back.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed mine in for a permanent move a few weeks ago for a move this weekend and havent heard anything back.
View Quote

I emailed mine in too and it took 24 days to get the disapproval in my mailbox. Just resubmitted yesterday so I fully expect another 3-4 weeks of waiting.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I emailed mine in for suppressor and SBR, sent it in June 4th got it back the 27th.
Box one is Full name and address or they kick it back
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I emailed mine in for suppressor and SBR, sent it in June 4th got it back the 27th.
View Quote

I sent mine June 5, so maybe in the next couple of days.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting to hear back...
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#12]
It's slightly off topic, but I submitted 4. The first 2 had the mg's, sbr's, and sbs's (just happened to work out to 6 items), the other 2 forms had the suppressors. All 4 emailed the same day, 3 weeks later the first 2 show up in my current mail box. The last 2 with the cans showed up 2 weeks after that.....at the destination address. All 4 forms were for permanent out of state moves.

Maybe batfe low priorities and sent them to the new address because they aren't required? Who knows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top